Arc 4 Measurement with Subwoofer

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Arc 4 Measurement with Subwoofer

Postby Guvnor_513 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:19 pm

So, I have the Arc 4 Studio. I am going to do my measurements but I was wondering how it will react to my subwoofer: does it take that into consideration at all? Is it just part of the sound? I have a set of Adam A7Vs with the Adam Sub 10 subwoofer. The A7Vs have a software that allows you to put **another correction tool** profiles into the speakers, thereby eliminating the need to have it on the system (which is a good thing - their software is janky) but there is seemingly no correction on the subwoofer. I got the Arc Studio to also remove the software from the equation but it has me considering the same thing: will my measurements just assume the subwoofer is part of the room? Does anyone know if this type of setup was done in product testing and are there any pointers for getting the best possible sound from my space?

Thanks in advance.
Guvnor_513

Re: Arc 4 Measurement with Subwoofer

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:26 pm

Yes, you take measurements with your subwoofer enabled and it will take that into consideration when measuring. This FAQ explains the optimal way to wire up everything to ARC Studio to get the intended and best results: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1479
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools