first thoughts on T-Racks 6

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

first thoughts on T-Racks 6

Postby drapeta » Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:49 am

Today I tried T-Racks 6 for the first time. I imported a song in the standalone version and recreated my master chain from T-Racks 5. In the top right corner there are four buttons A, B, C D. I then pressed B and tried out a new preset for comparison. After an hour of tweaking I had a good sound. So I saved the project and went jogging. When I came back and opened the project again, the settings in "B" were gone, not saved. Why? Only the settings in "A" were saved. An hour of life wasted.
And the second thing... in the DAW the "old" individual plugins are given a prefix (e.g. TR5 buscompressor). This makes them easy to find. This is not the case in version 6. You have to search for a long time in your plugin list, also because you don't always know what the name of the plugin you need is. It would be nice if you could correct both points. Otherwise a good update, really fun to work with.
drapeta

Re: first thoughts on T-Racks 6

Postby drapeta » Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:41 pm

Ok, 2nd attempt today. Open standalone version of TR6. All reverbs are missing in the module list. I only see Dynamics, Equalizer, Harmonics and Other. Reverb is missing (and Delay too). Everything is on in the module manager. What's wrong?
drapeta

Postby supanorton » Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:20 am

drapeta wrote:Ok, 2nd attempt today. Open standalone version of TR6. All reverbs are missing in the module list. I only see Dynamics, Equalizer, Harmonics and Other. Reverb is missing (and Delay too). Everything is on in the module manager. What's wrong?

Most mastering engineers will say that reverb and delay are best employed in the mixing stage and shouldn’t be used for mastering. Having said that, I thought it was strange that IK removed them from the T-RackS 6 mastering console.
supanorton

Postby drapeta » Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:49 am

I have found that some songs sound better if they sit in a small room. Max. 5-8% wet in the reverb. Everyone mixes and masters differently ;)
drapeta

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox