[solved] t-racks vst crashes fl-studio

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

[solved] t-racks vst crashes fl-studio

Postby dhomborg » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:03 pm

Hi,

I've had several projects of fl-studio crashing. All crashes where caused by t-racks VST's that were in the project. The crashing was not consistent, sometimes a project would load, but sometimes not. After investigating i created a testproject which crashed constantly which made debugging more easy. After a couple of days i found that the crash was caused by t-racks VST's that had their window gui scaled. The vst seems to remember the scaling, so after i created an empty project i inserted all t-racks vst's i used, rescaled their gui to 100% and exited fl-studio. After that the project that crashed all the time opened without issues. I'm sure rescaling will work for some people, but i hope this post will help someone who has the same issue. T-racks sounds great, but after all the crashed i had i was very cautious about using it in projects.

David
dhomborg

Re: [solved] t-racks vst crashes fl-studio

Postby seba.vpbx » Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:39 am

I'm just experiencing the same issue as you. Sometimes the project would be loaded correctly, sometimes not, causing FL to freeze without any error log, sometimes with some logs which I've sent to image line support, and still waiting for response. I've made also a clean OS Windows 11 installation for troubleshoot the issue. Everything is ok until I engage some of the T-racks plugins, then it is a lottery.
seba.vpbx

Postby dhomborg » Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:13 am

I still have some freezes/crashes sometimes. seems the scaling does not really persist to default all the times. As i expect it to be a graphics issue, what is your video card? mine is a GeForce GTX 1080.

David
dhomborg

Postby seba.vpbx » Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:56 am

I'm currently using lenovo legion 5 laptop with RTX 4070. I'm going to test it also on my 2 PCs with exactly the same FL project that is causing the problems. Will let you know the results.
seba.vpbx

Postby dhomborg » Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:41 am

you can also look at the file
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\IK Multimedia\T-RackS 5\settings.properties
in this file there is a line with scaling values:

<GuiScaleValues ScaleRatioWidth="1.023529410362244" ScaleRatioHeight="1.023746728897095"/>

editting this file and setting both values to 1 sometimes help me opening up a project when it crashes

<GuiScaleValues ScaleRatioWidth="1" ScaleRatioHeight="1"/>
dhomborg

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox