T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:51 pm

I did, it seems a mix of both so best report issues and it never hurts to pass suggestions there too (as they would know if there is any upcoming update with improvements too). Sounds like a good plan!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby movieiga » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:08 pm

I would love to have the F.A.T.S.O in my TRacks family. He would be warmely welcome :D
Also a tape simulation would be cool.
And a great PLEASE for a GUI Update for the British and White channel:
Please make the numeric values above the knobs a big larger. They are too tiny to read :geek:
Be quick with this update if its possible, please. It would guard my eyes :D

Peace,
Movie

http://www.facebook.com/movieiga
movieiga

Postby glewan » Thu May 16, 2013 10:44 am

I was working on a project recently where it would have been helpful to be able to apply the metering plug in the signal chain in TrackS standalone. It's easy enough to bypass the entire signal chain to effectively see the I/O separately, but sometimes it would be beneficial to measure what's going on with certain frequencies in between different modules, without having to bypass just one particular processor (or a couple of them). This is particularly true when processing parallel signals.

It seems like this would be pretty easy to accommodate since the plug already exists and the shell allows multiple instances of the other processors.
glewan

Postby yabino974 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 am

So I got White 2A, Black 76, Bus Compressor and Tape Echo. They are amazing !

But now it's time for some equalizers for the Custom Shop.

If you guys can come up with Neve 1073 and 1081, API 550B and Massive Passive... That would be perfect, instant buy.

Please don't forget to take great care of the transformers and op-amp components, as well as the tube stage for the Massive. That what makes all the difference after getting the curves right.

So, I pray for it to happen !

And next, I would welcome a 33609 and Vari-Mu emulation. For mastering works it would be welcome. Also, why not the "Dark Compressor" ? A model of a Shadow Hills, yes :D...

PS : Don''t forget some tape saturation plugin too.
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby clintmartin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:28 pm

I would like to have a good eq with analyzer, with minimum and linear phase options.
clintmartin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:33 pm

clintmartin wrote:I would like to have a good eq with analyzer, with minimum and linear phase options.

You do know that the Linear Phase EQ has the LINEAR PHASE switch which does exactly that and the metering part of the suite is always available?
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby yabino974 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:34 pm

True that.

I think it's better to stay in the vintage gear route.

That's what IK do best :D.
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Also, even the non-branded gear from the T-RackS Classic package, for example, are usually modeled after real gear - much of it from vintage/classic consoles or even handmade units (like Opto Compressor).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby yabino974 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:39 pm

Yep, I read that. Some vintage Calrec stuff.

Now bring on the classic console equalizers :p. I kept some credit I bought for the first one to come.
yabino974

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 pm

...and yes I'd love some good vintage stuff in addition to what we have, I'm in no way against that AT ALL :) Bring. it. on.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby clintmartin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
clintmartin wrote:I would like to have a good eq with analyzer, with minimum and linear phase options.

You do know that the Linear Phase EQ has the LINEAR PHASE switch which does exactly that and the metering part of the suite is always available?

Yep, I actually love the Linear Phase EQ. I've been comparing it with others (because I'm a vst addict) and I still like it better than some other big names out there. All I'm suggesting is an analyzer underlay in the gui. It's just a suggestion. T-racks pretty much has things covered otherwise. Tape saturation maybe?
clintmartin

Postby sbn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:14 pm

I got some idea, maybe freaky one, but good one to do producers life easy.
I think need do some "wave - track analyzer". For example. I have production (track by some artist or composer) as mastering example that I want in my track.

This tool scan sound of mastering example. After it scan mixdown of my production. And give parameters of compression, EQ .etc that need add in my mixdown, or it's automatic choose build in instruments (eq, comp, multiband..etc) with these parameters and add them on mixdown. Sure, possible correct it later.

But I think this is great idea, and will make producers life more easy and also mastering process.

It's bit kind idea of "AAMS Auto Mastering" but , need something simple, but all in box of T-Racks CS or maybe some another stand alone soft , where do scanning of waves and save some patch for T-Racks CS.

Well, this is just idea, but hope this is will give some "food" for a brain. if IK will like this idea, I'll be happy.
sbn

Postby sbn » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:22 am

Another one thing that I like to see in T-Racks CS is moving instruments . For example. I have EQ and after it compressor or multiband. I want move EQ after compressor. Just I'm not find another way to do it, just open a new EQ .
sbn

Postby glewan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:59 am

Yeah... Dragging and dropping in the signal chain while retaining the settings seems like a no brainer. I was surprised that the application didn't have this when I started using it.
glewan

Postby sbn » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:08 am

I think, IK need do some noise reduction plugin, not for mastering process, it's more for mixing and clearn audio from backup noises.

A moment, I think there really great setup in T-Racks CS for mastering process. but sure any new components always welcome. I'm use Bus Compressor everywhere. So amazing tool for all. mixing and mastering.

I think also some tube saturators effects , would be great for mixdown process, on synths and drums. To get some more "crispy fat in sound". tube with eq for low, mid and high. to get much fatness body of sound but same way some "crispy" tone.
sbn

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox