Sampletank crashes withCantabile

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank crashes withCantabile

Postby JoopJoop » Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:45 pm

Dear all,
I wrote this post in the Cantabile forum and thought that it would be useful here as well. If there is a solution for this directory issue that would be interesting.

Skip to main content
Cantabile Community
Crashes of SampleTank 4
Related
Crashes of SampleTank 4
Related
Joop
16d

Hi all,

I’d like to share my recent experience with crashing SampleTank 4 in Cantabile
I’m using since about 2years.
I did use it in some previous projects and had relatively more crashes with it than with e.g. Kontakt player, however normally only during setting up a setlist and not during performance. This changed with my most recent project that is using SampleTank more intensively, with SampleTank and Syntronic instruments. I just created 1 SampleTank rack with virtual links to open it multiple times in 1 song. Typically I try to make an unique coupling between a virtual link and an instrument, which makes it easier to switch quickly between instrument as I can pre-load the instrument one of the instances.

I did read the topic of bgober on duplicate paths, SampleTank 4 C4 Still an Issue 1, which I actually had as well. I took out those duplicate paths by moving the Syntronic directories on the same level as SampleTank and Sampletron. That improved the situation, however I still had some systematic crashes at some song changes, the impression was when changing from Sampletank to Syntronic instrument. Meanwhile I found out as well that sampletank badly crashes if there is some mistake in the filename. To understand things better I looked into the presets and I did see that they are called with a relative link:

Instruments\SampleTank 4 MAX\Instruments\Acoustic Pianos\My Preset.st4i

So, I guess that this part is not changed correctly when changing from SampleTank to Syntronic and thus changing this

Now I separated the SampleTank and Syntronic instruments. No crashes up to now, fingers crossed!
Same issue actually with Philharmonik, also saperated out.
As it costed me my Sunday to find this out, I thought it might me useful information to share.

Joop
JoopJoop

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More