Problemas con SampleTanks 4.2.2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Problemas con SampleTanks 4.2.2

Postby MizedbyMaya505 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:08 am

Hello everyone, well I want to consult some problems that I have been facing since I acquired the sampletank and they are affecting me a lot in the composition work with clients. I want to know if anyone knows what these problems are due to, well I hope you can help me :(

:!: These are the 3 problems I'm having:

1-I liked some percussions that SampleTanks brings and it happens that when I work with midi on some MIDI notes it seems that it omits them when reading them or plays them late.

2- The SampleTank sometimes closes unexpectedly when loading a sound from the library, it doesn't happen often, but it happens at certain times.

3- When I open some projects, to continue working, the sounds I use drastically lower their volume, without changing any type of configuration within the program (neither the DAW, nor in SampleTank). There are no volume changes anywhere, and the samples sound really low

I hope someone in this forum has a solution and can explain to me what happens or what I could do.

I have an M.2 of 2TB and 16gb of Ram with i5 and I am working on Ableton Live
MizedbyMaya505

Re: Problemas con SampleTanks 4.2.2

Postby res1ajae » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:22 pm

3- When I open some projects, to continue working, the sounds I use drastically lower their volume, without changing any type of configuration within the program (neither the DAW, nor in SampleTank). There are no volume changes anywhere, and the samples sound really low
I've been seeing this particular problem a lot lately. I'm using Cubase 12 on an M1 Macbook. I've discovered (so far) that the issue starts in the effects rack using something like the EQ Comp.

I've set up some ST4 patches and saved them as VST presets within Cubase. When I recall a Project where the ST4 track is playing back 12-20dB lower, I recal the preset and it fixes it....until I load the song again. Then it's back to the low level.
res1ajae

Postby levarr99 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:35 pm

I submitted a ticket about this issue a week ago, but haven't gotten a response. What is happening is that the filter on the instrument changes when you save your DAW project, close the project and then reopen it. As you mentioned, it sounds like the volume is noticeably lower, but it is a bug in the ST4 filter settings.
levarr99

Postby res1ajae » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:12 pm

OK. Let's see if IK gets around to fixing it.
res1ajae

Postby levarr99 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:15 pm

Its been two weeks and still no response from IK on my ticket. If anyone wants to see this bug, the Art Deco Piano Bright initially loads with a Classic LP 24 filter. After you save the project in your DAW and then reopened it, the filter changes to O-Type NT 12.
levarr99

Postby Steve-xyz » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:41 pm

levarr99 wrote:If anyone wants to see this bug, the Art Deco Piano Bright initially loads with a Classic LP 24 filter. After you save the project in your DAW and then reopened it, the filter changes to O-Type NT 12.

Verified. I tried saving with a few other filter types. Saving with M-Type opened up as Classic. Several times saving with Phaser opened with O-Type. All saves were done in my host. The ST4 preset remained untouched.

Seems easy enough to replicate. Maybe IK is checking other instruments and working on a fix.
Steve-xyz

Postby levarr99 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:55 pm

Thanks for checking. A heads up from them would be nice. Just a hey we’re looking into it would be enough.
levarr99

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:57 am

^^^
Please reply to the email from Support (even the auto-acknowledgement) and ask for a progress report.

Also, have a look at the forum guidelines thread for info about escalating a Support Ticket.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby darkogav » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:26 pm

I am on Cubase 10.5 and use ST a lot -- no issues. I wonder if its C12? Do you have latest patches for C12? Also, the Steinberg manager should allow you to download previous versions of Cubase. Does the same problems happen in C11 or C10.5? It's worth it to check.
darkogav

Postby levarr99 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:02 pm

DarkStar wrote:^^^
Please reply to the email from Support (even the auto-acknowledgement) and ask for a progress report.

Also, have a look at the forum guidelines thread for info about escalating a Support Ticket.

I replied to the support email twice, but no response was ever sent. I also sent a message to Huddy_IK, but no reply.
levarr99

Postby levarr99 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:10 pm

darkogav wrote:I am on Cubase 10.5 and use ST a lot -- no issues. I wonder if its C12? Do you have latest patches for C12? Also, the Steinberg manager should allow you to download previous versions of Cubase. Does the same problems happen in C11 or C10.5? It's worth it to check.

Did you try the Art Deco Piano Bright instrument? I’m not a Cubase user. I use Reaper. I found that not all the instruments are affected by this. Some will save and reload with the correct filter and some will not.
levarr99

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:47 pm

I didn't use Cubase or Reaper to confirm the problem. @levarr99 If it would help, PM me a list of 10 presets - 5 that do exhibit this problem and 5 that don't. Don't say which is which so it can be blind test.

Note: The original post mentioned 3 problems. To me, it is not clear if the filter issue is the cause (or the only cause) of problem 3. So, it might be on topic or not. In either case, I'm will to help. If it turns out I get the same results in the blind test, I would be willing to report my results to support if it will help them to better identify and fix the problem.
Steve-xyz

Postby darkogav » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:04 pm

levarr99 wrote:
darkogav wrote:I am on Cubase 10.5 and use ST a lot -- no issues. I wonder if its C12? Do you have latest patches for C12? Also, the Steinberg manager should allow you to download previous versions of Cubase. Does the same problems happen in C11 or C10.5? It's worth it to check.

Did you try the Art Deco Piano Bright instrument? I’m not a Cubase user. I use Reaper. I found that not all the instruments are affected by this. Some will save and reload with the correct filter and some will not.

I have Art Deco but havnen't checked. I would need to check when I get home.
darkogav

Postby darkogav » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:06 pm

Steve-xyz wrote:I didn't use Cubase or Reaper to confirm the problem. @levarr99 If it would help, PM me a list of 10 presets - 5 that do exhibit this problem and 5 that don't. Don't say which is which so it can be blind test.

Note: The original post mentioned 3 problems. To me, it is not clear if the filter issue is the cause (or the only cause) of problem 3. So, it might be on topic or not. In either case, I'm will to help. If it turns out I get the same results in the blind test, I would be willing to report my results to support if it will help them to better identify and fix the problem.

In case it helps, I have found that sometimes when I use ST in Cubase and make changes, and then return to the project, it doesn't always maintain the changes in instruments e.t.c.

I just always make use I save all the changed instruments in ST as their own versions of preset and also the ST settings as its own multi. I usually have drums and few instances of a synth in ST and just save them all as their own multi with name of song project in there.
darkogav

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:19 pm

darkogav wrote:I just always make use I save all the changed instruments in ST as their own versions of preset . . . .

Earlier, I put this on my task list to test this. I was going to wait until I got the list of 10 to do a blind test.

I will also try saving both the original and resaved version in a multi. Excellent suggestion. Both resaving the preset and using multis may help as useful workarounds.
Steve-xyz

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More