How to get loong notes with Miroslav instrument-multis?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How to get loong notes with Miroslav instrument-multis?

Postby acebone » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:36 am

Hi!

Just purchased Miroslav Philharmonic 2, and I am using it in Sampletank 4 (not the Miroslav-plugin) as a VST in Reaper.

To give it a test run I am trying to recreate Sam Barbers 'Adagio for strings'. It's a rather slow piece with many very long notes.

None of the multis I am using for it has a looped keyswitch (violin-multi, viola-multi, cello-multi, contrabass-multi), meaning that they can only sound for so and so long - in the case of 'Adagio for strings': not long enough, notes will be terminated before they should.

How do I solve this problem?

Let's take the violin-multi

1. Do I use several parts: one for the Violin-multi, and another for a violin-instrument with looped notes? If so I'd have to use three parts for the first violin itself - one with a multi, another w. 'violin low range' and yet another with 'violin high range'.

2. Can I add the 'violin high/low range' instruments to 'violin multi' - or perhaps create my own multi, identical to 'violin multi' but with the 'high/low range' violins added?

3. Can I loop the sounds myself? Is there a way to edit a loop into a sound (any sound) in Sampletank 4?

4. Do I do something completely different?
acebone

Re: How to get loong notes with Miroslav instrument-multis?

Postby acebone » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:12 am

No one?
acebone

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:54 am

It is disappointing that no other MP2 users have chipped in. So the best thing to do is contact Technical Support for some one to one help and advice.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby acebone » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:05 pm

Thnks Darkstar - I thought so too, and have already contacted them.
acebone

Postby acebone » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:12 pm

I see no way of adding elements to multi-sounds in ST4, also I see no way of adding a loop to a sound.

The ST4-editor is no good in that regard, because it can't open existing instruments, only create new ones.

Am I right that loop points cannot be added to an element in ST4?
acebone

Postby Trensharo » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:40 am

acebone wrote:I see no way of adding elements to multi-sounds in ST4, also I see no way of adding a loop to a sound.

The ST4-editor is no good in that regard, because it can't open existing instruments, only create new ones.

Am I right that loop points cannot be added to an element in ST4?

Correct.
Trensharo

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More