Installation order of SampleTank 4 core content files

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installation order of SampleTank 4 core content files

Postby Luckygr33n » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:37 pm

Hello fellow musicians

I'm struggeling figuring out in which order to install the content files for SampleTank 4 MAX. I'm not talking about the additional libraries like "Cinematic_Percussion_Sound_Content.zip" or "Terry_Bozzio_Drums_Sound_Content.zip" that are included with SampleTank 4 Max. Only the core content files like "ST4_Synth_Samples_Part_1.zip" or "ST4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_1_2.zip"

Here is what I did:

(1) I installed all sound content files from "SampleTank 4 MAX" via the product manager -- 97 in total
(2) I installed the remaining content files from "SampleTank 4 SE" via the product manager -- another 8 zip-files that were not included in SampleTank 4 MAX content
(3) I installed the remaining content files from "SampleTank 4" via the product manager -- another 3 zip-files that were not included in SampleTank4 MAX or SampleTank4 SE.

Turns out: a lot of files had a md5-checksum mismatch: 1667 deviations from the point after step (2). And 1335 deviations after step (3). So the "SampleTank 4 SE" content file installation altered 1667 files of the "SampleTank 4 MAX" content file installation. And the "SampleTank 4" content file installation altered 1335 of the "SampleTank 4 SE" or "SampleTank 4 MAX" installation.

That begs the question: In what order do I install what content-zip-file to have the intended SampleTank 4 MAX experience? The manuals and the product manager is of no help with this.
Luckygr33n

Re: Installation order of SampleTank 4 core content files

Postby Promidi » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:39 pm

I was under the impression that Sampletank 4 CE and Sampletank 4 are both subsets of Sampletank 4 Max.

Therefore, installing just Sampletank 4 Max should include everything from Sampletank 4 CE and Sampletank 4.

That is the impression I got from the PDF file from here:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf

I downloaded and installed Sampletank 4 Max and the content manually from my product area. My sound downloads have expired so I cannot check the list as it appears online. I have backed up the Sampletank 4 Max content installers locally however.

I used IKPM for the authorisation only
Promidi

Postby Luckygr33n » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:16 pm

Hello Promidi

Yes, that might be right, Then again, one would think that each bigger version (CS > SE > normal > MAX) adds new instruments, samples, patterns, multis, etc., contained in additional files. Why do content finstallations alter existing files? Maybe one PAK-file with samples from SE-content installation contains fewer samples then the PAK-file from MAX-content installation, but with the identical name. So when I first installl Max content and afterwards the missing content zip-files from the other versions, I downgrade my content to a degree?

But why would it even let me? Why would the content installer replace it without notice? Like "hey user, that file contains 50 drum-samples. It is the MAX-version of that file. Are you ok with me replacing it with a file that contains only 10 drum-samples? Because that file belongs to the SE version." Why is that even possible?

And why do I have the ST4 CS, SE, normal and MAX content downloads in my user area and in my product manager if I only need the MAX content? That's really confusing. I will try to consult support.
Luckygr33n

Postby Promidi » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:25 am

If one has more than one ST4 product, including ST4 Max, I am wondering if it’s better to install all, making sure you do ST4 Max last.

I own a licence for Sampletank 4 and Sampletank 4 Max, yet in IKPM, it is only listed once as “Sampletank 4” (no Max). Yet, In the Sampletank 4 player, it shows up as “Sampletank 4 Max”

I believe it's the serial number that determines the iteration that is activation and the sounds that are available.

However, contacting IKM support would be the way to go if you do need clarification.

That being said, I am willing to bet that support will simply tell you to just install MAX only, as that contains all the stuff from ST4CS, ST4CE and ST4.
Promidi

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More