B-3x connected to Viscount legend

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

B-3x connected to Viscount legend

Postby CATitus » Fri May 27, 2022 4:16 am

I am having a problem configuring B3x to work on my viscount legend organ. does anyone have a answer for how to get all the hardware knobs synced to the software? write now only the upper and lower work but not the Leslie switch, expression pedal etc. thanks in advance
CATitus

Re: B-3x connected to Viscount legend

Postby Braxtonjackson2003 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:17 pm

i’m having an issue where my upper, lower and pedal drawbars are synched. I have the legend live and a macbook. It said that the Midi CC is the same for each drawbar, so whenever i pull out a brown drawbar on the upper manual, the lower manual drawbar also moves the same. It’s not supposed to do that because upper is channel 1, lower is channel 2 and pedals are channel 3. I don’t know why it’s doing that. I asked ikmultimedia but they haven’t gotten back with me yet.
Braxtonjackson2003

Postby info@hongkietan.nl » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:35 am

I have the same problem with an old B4D drawbar controller. It too sends the same midi CC for the same drawbar on different midichannels (upper on 1, lower on 2). The controller has a fixed CC mapping.

I have used Bome midi translator to change the midi values.
First drawbar lower:
midi CC 12 on channel 2 -> midi CC 112 on channel 1. This can be mapped in the b3x app.

Hope this will help!
info@hongkietan.nl

Postby Braxtonjackson2003 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:40 pm

Hmm i’m going to try this on my viscount. Do you happen to know the CC for the pedals as well?
Braxtonjackson2003

Postby info@hongkietan.nl » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:50 am

The B4D sends on channel 3 for the pedals.
In Bome midi translator
B4d first drawbar channel 3 to channel 1 CC[Unused]. Then map this CC in the B3X app.
etc.
You can map any CC to the most used controls in the app, beware of overlap.

My strategy with my old controller with static CC's:
1 determine the output of a control
2 create a translator in Bome, change to an unused CC on channel1
3 map this CC in the B3X app

This is a workaround because the B3x controls only seem to react to CC's on channel 1. It would be nice if this behaviour would be updated.
info@hongkietan.nl

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More