Syntronik 2 in SampleTank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 in SampleTank 4

Postby huli50 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:59 pm

Hey all, I am debating entering the Group Buy. I'm an occasional user of Syntronik 1 synths, but have always used them within SampleTank 4. Within ST4, I can edit and shape sounds with the same amount of detail that I suspect I would have the ability to do within the Syntronik 1 shell, so I have never found the need to install Syntronik 1 on my PC. So through this point, I've just downloaded and installed the Syntronik 1 synth sound libraries and added that path to ST4. All works fine.

Now with Syntronik 2, there seems to be a deeper edit feature set than Syntronik 2. I understand that I can still use Syntronik 2 synths within ST4, but I am curious if I'll be missing out on a lot of the intended features if I don't use the Syntronik 2 platform. Can I edit Syntronik 2 sounds just as well within ST4? Also, do the sound samples sound identical in either? Are presets accessible for Syntronik 2 sounds within ST4 similar to that of Syntronik 1 sounds?

I'm not a big sound editor, and will probably stick to presets to find interesting stuff, but I don't want to miss out on features that I may find useful. On the other hand, I don't want to waste computer hard drive space by loading a program I can do without. So if I can do everything in ST4, which I would use more frequently, I'll stick with that.

Any feedback is appreciated.
huli50

Re: Syntronik 2 in SampleTank 4

Postby theoptimist » Wed May 25, 2022 2:19 pm

All presets from Syntronik 1 and Syntronik 2 synths are also available in Sampletank 4. The Edit page in Sampletank 4 works the same whether you load presets from S1 or S2. Of course you'll be missing out on the edit features in Syntronik 2 but you can always install it if you wish. I have it installed, although I am more of a preset guy ;)

I would say go for it, it's a bargain :)
theoptimist

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed May 25, 2022 9:33 pm

I am relatively new to editing presets in ST4 and Syntronik 2 and have just played around a little in both. From what I have seen, at the present time there are things that you can do in in terms of editing presets in the new Syntronik 2 editor that you can't do in in ST4, and vice versa.

I wrote a little bit about a test I did in the Zones and Elements thread. For that I set layers in Syntronik 2 using one of the new editable SYN2 presets and edited the elements in ST4.

That's all I have done so far, but until there's more of a convergence, I will probably use a combination of the two as I learn IK's set of synth engines. We all have different tastes and preferences, but I like the editability of the new SYN2 presets/structure.
Steve-xyz

Postby huli50 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:15 pm

Thanks for the feedback from all. I will likely jump in before the end of the week. Like mentioned above, I can always try the new synths in ST4 and load Syntronik 2 at a later date if needed.
huli50

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More