Miroslav Philharmonik CE (1) Registry Error

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philharmonik CE (1) Registry Error

Postby hungrysponge » Sun May 08, 2022 8:16 am

I have owned Miroslav Philharmonik CE (the first one) for many years and have had no problem with it. I used it extensively on a recent project.

Windows recently updated. The day before the update, Miroslav loaded properly. The day after the update, I am now getting an error message every time it tries to load:
Registry error
Please ensure this product has been installed properly

I get this message when trying to load it into my DAW and when using the stand-alone version.

I first tried repairing the installation. No luck. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Miroslav. I still get the same message.

Is there any solution to this problem?

TIA,
Steve.

DAW: Reaper v6.51/win64 rev 1cca36 (Mar 5 2022)
hungrysponge

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik CE (1) Registry Error

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 09, 2022 1:05 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, other users may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. If Searching the FAQs does not help there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby hungrysponge » Thu May 12, 2022 9:52 am

No real solution was offered to actually fix the problem.

A workaround was offered, though: I need to run my DAW and the stand-alone program in Administrator Mode from now on to get it to work. :|

Well, at least I can use it again.

Barely satisfied,
-- Steve
hungrysponge

Postby DarkStar » Thu May 12, 2022 10:22 am

Ah, I did not notice the (1) in your post.

The first generation of Miroslav Philharmonik uses files in folders and Registry Keys that are more protected in Windows 7 (or even Vista?) onwards. But it seems odd that it ran OK in Windows 10 before the latest update. I would have thought that the problem would show up in Windows 10 before.

Anyway I am glad that you have got it sorted out.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More