Do I need Sampletank 4 SE if I have Sampletank 4?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Do I need Sampletank 4 SE if I have Sampletank 4?

Postby Bobbymain88 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:06 pm

Hi there, just a quick question. I can't find a straight answer anywhere, so apologies for what is probably a simple answer. I have 11 days left to download SE, but it seems like I don't need to because I already have 4. Any reason anyone can think of that I should grab it anyway?

Also... I had installed everything on a brand new system and then had a crazy windows corruption and had to start all over again, which was not fun.... So for future reference, how easy is it to install all of the sounds (I bought a lot in that last group buy) from the backup? Can't really seem to find good simple instructions for that either. Thanks and sorry if it's super obvious!
Bobbymain88

Re: Do I need Sampletank 4 SE if I have Sampletank 4?

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:41 pm

A! No. The software is the same; the Serial number determines what instruments can be loaded. And you can check the contents of the ST4 SE and ST4 libraries in the PDFs linked on this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/index.php?p=versions

A2: IF you still have the sounds library on disk, then you do not need to install them again. Just install and Authorize the software. Then start the relevant stand-alone programs and set the library folder in their Preference Settings.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Bobbymain88 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:16 pm

DarkStar wrote:A! No. The software is the same; the Serial number determines what instruments can be loaded. And you can check the contents of the ST4 SE and ST4 libraries in the PDFs linked on this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/index.php?p=versions

A2: IF you still have the sounds library on disk, then you do not need to install them again. Just install and Authorize the software. Then start the relevant stand-alone programs and set the library folder in their Preference Settings.

Awesome! Thanks so much. I guess a follow up would be... Is there an easy way to tell what I can now delete? There seems to be IK stuff in about 5 different places. For some reason a lot of it went into the main windows "documents" folder. That was surprising. Or maybe there is no install stuff and the manager takes care of all that?
Bobbymain88

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:17 pm

Yes, but we need to know what you have done and what you have got.
-- where is the ST4 library installed?
-- what is in the downloads folder used by the IKPM?
-- what other folders are used and what is in them?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More