SAMPLE TANK 4 - SOME LIBRARIES STOPPED WORKING in ABLETON

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SAMPLE TANK 4 - SOME LIBRARIES STOPPED WORKING in ABLETON

Postby Mwie » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:04 pm

So this is the issue at hand:

I own a lot of additional "libraries" for SampleTank 4. Some of them stopped working in Ableton for no reason that I can understand.

They still work in Pro Tools and in the Standalone version. Also the VST 2 Pluginversion works, it is only the VST 3-Version that is affected. That's still unacceptable, because I have a lot of productions where I had the VST 3 Version of SampleTank 4 loaded and thus the according tracks simply don't play now.

Reinstalling didn't do the trick. The instrument-folders are obviously working (VST 2 and AAX work). There's something up with the VST 3.

Examples of libraries that don't work are:

Electric Grand C70P
Electric Piano Bass
Fractured Piano
Malletension
Malletopia
Shipwreck Piano
Stage 73 Mark V
The Resonator
Wurly Model 120
SampleTron 2
Syntronik 2 CS

This does NOT affect all libraries. Examples that work are: Alternate Keys, Clavitube, Philharmonic 2, Syntronik (1), the "Drum Series" and a lot more.

I THINK it stopped working around the time I installed Syntronik 2 - that's speculation. It seems to only affect more recent libraries from what I can tell. I need this fixed, so if anyone has any insight, or if IK Multimedia is aware of this issue: Please tell me!
Mwie

Re: SAMPLE TANK 4 - SOME LIBRARIES STOPPED WORKING in ABLETO

Postby garfy » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:35 pm

Hello Mwie

Sorry to hear you are having some issues.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: SAMPLE TANK 4 - SOME LIBRARIES STOPPED WORKING in ABLETO

Postby Mwie » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:12 am

I contacted support, still waiting on the response.

For now I reinstalled 3 older Versions of SampleTank 4, I reinstalled Ableton Live itself. I reinstalled libraries (sound-content).. nothing did the trick. I am really confused. Why wouldn't an older Version of SampleTank 4 fix the issue, if it was a Plugin-issue?

Can a Windows-update cause these problems? But how? It's oddly specific with only a couple of libraries not working, so whatever windows-process is included it seems to work just fine for the other libraries AND VST 2 AND AAX.

I'll be sure to share the solution if it arises. But taking glimpses into the future the problem will magically disappear some day with no reason that I can comprehend whatsoever. That's how these things go, right?
Mwie

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More