Hammond B3-X Direct Out

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Hammond B3-X Direct Out

Postby maprifi » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:58 am

Hello

I'm in a mess about the mixer tab of the organ. I need a direct, clean signal that comes right from the organ, without any amp colouring, to feed a real Leslie. So I went to the mixer tab and dialed the Leslie and Guitar Amp output to zero and then turned the D.I. knob fully clockwise - no sound. Then I opened the Guitar Amp knob and had the distorted Marshall Amp signal, then switched to the other Guitar Amp (Hiwatt, Vox?) which gave me a pretty clean signal, which I think is ok to feed the Leslie. But anyway - it's the output of a Guitar Amp and not straightforward from the organ!

About the D.I. signal the manual says:

7.6.9 – D.I. Knob
This controls the volume of the direct signal before the Leslie and Guitar Amp. The direct signal is the output of
the Stomps tab, the signal that then is fed into the Leslie and Guitar Amp. It is often useful to mix in the direct
signal with the cabinets for increased clarity.

The manual about the Stomps Tab:

The output of the organ goes into a five-effect stomp box pedal board. This lets you add style and color to the
basic organ sound before it goes into the Leslie. The five effects are fixed in a serial mono configuration, and the
settings of all the effects are stored with the preset

So why is there no D.I. signal when the Guitar Amp output is put to zero? I don't understand. Have I to put the Stomps in a certain manner? In my understanding the straight organ signal is routed through the inactivated stomps and should arrive as clean signal on the D.I. output. But this doesn't work. How am I wrong? Maybe it's because the Demoversion of the B3-X? Anyone can help me?

Martin
maprifi

Re: Hammond B3-X Direct Out

Postby leee1102 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:21 am

Hi Martin,
I know you posted this message a few months ago, and I'm guessing you already figured out what the problem was.
But in case anyone has a similar problem, I believe I know the answer....
Underneath the "D.I" (Direct Output knob) There is that white button labelled "D.I."
You have to click on that button to activate the direct output.
In many presets, the default setting for that button is off.

I'm guessing that's what your problem was, but it might have been something.
Hopefully this answer will help someone with a similar problem.

Lee
leee1102

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More