Space being lost for installation files?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Space being lost for installation files?

Postby grimmwerks » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:04 am

I'm on OSX -- so IK Product Manager downloads all the .dmgs for content files, installs the files where the content files need to go (/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/Sampletank 3/) but then also keeps the dmgs -- is there a way to get IK Product Manager to cleanup, or should I delete the install files? The problem here is I know I only have access to them for 180 days (sort of sucks) but once installed, there shouldn't be a problem... unless I lose my hard drive. But I don't have space for 100s of gigs of duplicated files....
grimmwerks

Re: Space being lost for installation files?

Postby Promidi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:37 am

I had a look in the settings for IK Product Manager, and I could only see two options there. Only one pertains to download folders.

At this time, there does not seem to be a way to delete the installers directly from IK Product Manager. If you wish to do this, then you will have to do this manually.

I would not recommend doing this though, as you would have to re-download the installers if you ever need to reinstall you products. Even then, you have 180 days to do it for free (or pay the €20.00 for another 180 day window).

Rather than delete them, you might want to move the installers to an alternative location if you can. External USB drives are not that expensive these days.
Promidi

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More