ST3, ST4 and Syntronik installation pathways?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST3, ST4 and Syntronik installation pathways?

Postby grimmwerks » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:03 am

Hey all - first off, MacOSX/Big Sur user, bought into the big 25 for 1 sale. Apparently I had ST 3, ST4 and a version of Syntronik before.

I made sure to get the Syntronik Deluxe, but everything I'm attempting to install is going into /Shared/IK Multimedia/Sampletank 3. rather than the Sampletank 4 folder - -is this correct? Even though Syntronik itself seems to be pointing to ST3 rather than ST4 folder, none of the new installed instruments are showing up there.
grimmwerks

Re: ST3, ST4 and Syntronik installation pathways?

Postby meingottwalter » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:40 am

Hey there, I think ST3 folder ist OK. The installers put pretty much everything there that can be used by ST4 as addidtional sound library.

Have you tried to rebuild the sound database in Syntronik? Click Settings - Library, make sure the "Disk Path" is correct, then click "Rescan Instruments". This can take a while if you have all Syntronik Deluxe libraries installed.

Worked for me on Windows.
meingottwalter

Re: ST3, ST4 and Syntronik installation pathways?

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:48 pm

Syntronik instruments are file type .st3i. The Syntronik Sounds library should be installed into the same folder as used for SampleTank 3. Then, as meingottwalter said, you can add that path to ST4's Preferences / Sound Content so that you can use those instruments in ST4.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More