Total Studio 2 MAX : installing Sample Tank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Total Studio 2 MAX : installing Sample Tank 4

Postby jayn_night » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:46 am

[Split into its own thread for clarity]

I have a problem with the installing of my sample tank content from Total studio 2 Max. Could you possibly help, I’m contents. I opened some instruments.

I downloaded part of the contents and played with some of it. then I-moved the directory off my MacBook to external drive. I’ve got confused as…I moved the folder without realising. . Do you know the best procedure.. can I have an IK multimedia folder on my external drive for sample tank studio 2 max library contents? Your help would be great thank you!

Jane Greer
jayn_night

Re: Total Studio 2 MAX : installing Sample Tank 4

Postby DarkStar » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:54 pm

Hello jayn_night and welcome to the forum.

Yes you can have the ST4 sounds library on a different disk.

As I have not installed Total Studio 2 MAX ("TS2 MAX") I cannot give you full advice about installing all the libraries. But you should be able to use the IK Product Manager to download and install many of the libraries.

I think I would do this:
-- rename the current ST4 library folder (add _save) to the folder name,
-- create a new folder on your drive, for example, X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4 (that's an example on Windows),
-- run the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") and login,
-- select the Sounds tab, then SampleTank 4
-- click on "... More Options", select "Install to" and browse to the folder you created.
-- click on "... More Options", select "Reinstall Library"

For more details, click on the [?] button in the IKPM then select [Manual].

Let us know how you get on, which libraries you installed and which are still to be installed.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jayn_night » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:02 pm

Thanks Dark Star,

It seems I will have to try all again,mad I noticed someone else posted they had to do it several times.

I had the problem of being interrupted. By a lot of recurrent noise.So knowing where things are, or reconnecting has been problematic.

I downloaded quite a lot of the sounds.
I hope I don’t run out of time to get everything else. Where everything is, is a bit unclear.

The folders on the external drive that I changed to don’t seem to have anything in them, though when I downloaded DMG’s it said they were correctly installed. I can see the synths some things are loading FM E Bass I. Syntronik 99. (But there are visible trashes, can they be deleted?)
Now, I noticed that (as I watch the ST3 tutorial (2) ]there are two sets of names, one of which loads and while the first one in the list doesn’t. I can’t see how to delete the oneswhich aren’t real.

I have another question, please, I did get sample tank 4, & may have had some content (may not have downloaded the full library not knowing there was an expiry date.

I thought I would get library contents for that when I got the studio 2. But it doesn’t look like it. I don’t know what the differences are in ST3, 4 & 4SE, sample tank editor too, do I have to just check the manuals?
All best
Jane

I will look for any helpful reply soon. and do my best to download the files now to my new location, before the expiry as the foremost concern.
Looking at the tutorials, it looks amazing what it can do!!
I’ve been held back by a bad obstruction. I’m moving forward, thanks to IK well organised system.
jayn_night

Postby DarkStar » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:24 pm

Forget the SampleTank 4 Editor program for the moment. That is only used when you want to build your own ST4 instruments from samples.

All of the ST4 SE instruments are in the ST4 library, so you can forget ST4 SE too.

The ST3 instruments are different from those in the ST4 library, so you should install them, But the good news is that the ST4 software can load and use both ST4 and ST3 instruments.

---------------------------
In the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") Preference Settings you can set a destination for the download files; you should find them all on disk there. Make a back-up of the big sounds library files so that you do not need to download them again. Also, when you come to the Sounds Library downloads, you can select the destination folder for the installed library - but remember to set that BEFORE you download the Sounds Library.

---------------------------
I do not know which ST3 tutorial you are referring to, nor what you mean by two sets of names. Nor what you mean by visible trashes. Can you clarify?

------------------------------------
What is the recurrent noise that you mentioned?

------------------------------------
To help us help you:
-- which software installers have you run successfully?
-- which library installers have you run successfully?

-- what is the top-level folder that you selected for the ST4 library?
-- what is the top-level folder that you selected for the ST3 library?
-- what is the top-level folder that you selected for the Syntronik library?
-- what is the top-level folder that you selected for the Miroslav Philharmonik library?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jayn_night » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:14 pm

Hi Dark Star

Thanks for replying.

I want to clarify a few points, regarding your questions.
I think the noise I mentioned is that I’ve had bad effects from neighbour noise affecting me (sometimes terrrible recurring headaches) so I’ve been slow to get my stuff downloaded. Example: I came out of the house to a coffee shop so I can think…..even though music is on here, the headache has gone.

The address for my sample tank library is backup/IKmultimedia/sampletank

Now I just installed a few more sound packs when I opened sampletank in my dAW it’s building the database. (I might be getting the idea a bit better). MIROSLAV Philharmonic 2 is in there too. I’ve got a few more synths to download. I got the instruments Amplitube….initially, easie to get.

Is there a way of knowing when I’ve got everything, does the product manager show you?

About Sampletank 4 it’s in my IK multimedia folder (Audio Units). But what I was saying was I was getting the message (in IK account) I need to re download samples for ST4. I hoped that I could get files for that with this Total studio package. Did I mention that I began with IK modules through an issue of computer music magazine? Then I got what was given, probably got ST4 like that, but didn’t realise there was a time limit on getting samples. I was in a difficulty with having time for organising file space (everything actually, due to the neighbour problem). So….that explains why I’m only just getting into it right now.
I’ve

I will read your reply again, and look for any response soon.
The database is still rebuilding.
I will try and open ST4 see if anything loads in it, I don’t expect it. There isn’t anything to open, I just checked.

Where would you keep your back up of the dmg’s (is that how you’d keep copy of your content, and other instruments in the Total package? In a folder on the same or a different drive? Have you other tips about using the external drive?

thanks again for responding,

Jane

I can see what’s installed in the side bar - instruments , Multis too.

I want to know if I’ve installed the different parts of the ST library. Not sure what they do. Maybe I need to try and see…? Same question applies to MH parts 1-16. Just downloading 1 now.
jayn_night

Postby DarkStar » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:30 pm

First of all I am sorry to hear that your neighbour noise is causing you problems; I do hope that that can get sorted out.

The downloads to backup are the main Sounds Library downloads; they are available for download for 180 days after Registration of the relevant software after which you would need to pay a single Download Reactivation ($10?) for a further 180 days. Backing them up avoids the need to pay. :) I use an external USB 4TB disk drive. The other types of download files are available for download for ever.

The ST and MP downloads files are just split into different classes of instruments. And no, I do not know which instruments are in which. :) If you know what you are doing, you could extract the files from the download and look in the "Instruments" sub-folder.

HTH (And I've fixed the typos in my previous post)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jayn_night » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:23 am

Many thanks Dark. Star

4T!

Do you keep your sounds library on that same drive!.
And keep it in the same place? Is it always connected up?
It might help to know if you use a laptop, or would recommend something else. Is an IMac the ideal equipment?
I need to get a bigger drive. A computer friend suggested to get SSD. What do you think of them?

Won't go into the problems any more right now. It's been terrible messing me about.

Thanks again.
I will check inside Sample Tank3 it looks like part one is loaded There are all the various sections of instruments & below it, MP 1. It's the way there are the numbered parts.

Actually that's the other thing, that it may be better not to install everything at once. My MacBook is close to full.
I am taking stuff off it too.

Thank you for helping me think it through. I just need to make sure I have the copies of all the sounds files before it times out.

Best
jayn_night

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:38 pm

Nope, my installed sounds libraries are on 2 2TB disc drives in the computer. The 4GB back-up drive normally stays in a cupboard, unconnected. :)

I use a Windows 7 PC. I have never used a Mac. SSDs are faster than disk drives, less likely to fail and are getting bigger and cheaper.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jayn_night » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi

Very nice to hear your response, thanks.

So, I will concentrate on getting the sound packs stored, (even if all are not loaded in) first.
I need to rethink my setup.

Best now!
jayn_night

Postby jayn_night » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:14 pm

Hi Dark Star,

I've just got one day left, and I want to know if there's confirmation in the account for downloading all of the sounds for my package please.

For instance in Product manager 'sounds' it says (2 of 2 files remaining) Syntronik 99 {& some of the other synths) & (27 of 27 files remaining) Syntronik. I've got the dmg's for all the synths, but not installed them all.

I'm going to try install a few more now and see how it goes with the space and look inside the ST app.

Reason I ask the above question is as follows.
I think you were saying I can just look in the Sample Tank for them. But, I haven't loaded them all on due to having limited space left on my laptop.

I wasn't sure if I could email support. But there's just one day left on the counter, I think tomorrow is the final day.

I thought I could try and send you a screen shot of my Products manager, doesn't seem possible.

Best regards,
jayn_night

Postby DarkStar » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:22 pm

One day left? Of the 180?

Moderators and Administrators here have no access to Users' accounts. You will need to contact Technical Support via the [Support] menu on the pages on the web site.

Once you have installed a sounds library using the IKPM, I would move that download file to a back-up disk to free up space in the "Download folder" user by the IKPM.

If there any shown as remaining I would download them if you can.
--------------------
If you want you can download them individually from your User Account / My Products section, then save them somewhere. This will not install them. Later on you could move them into the "Download folder" used by the IKPM and install them.

As for posting images: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27252
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jayn_night » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:06 pm

Yep, tomorrow is my last day.
Thanks for writing me back Dark Star.

Gonna try what you say , about ‘remaining, include Synths, ?

I’ve written a list (digital notepad) of all the ST sounds/packs. I’m checking them off, most I installed immediately, only the last few I got, I just kept the dmg’s (for :macbook), and have put all these in a separate folder. So I have the .ST packs, MP , & downloaded dmg’s of MP1-16.
It’s
The MP parts I wasn’t sure about, as well as if the synths have sounds to download because of the notice ‘remaining’. I installed part 16, then part 14 of MP, I couldn’t see what it’s added in the plug-in, but will look in ‘instruments’ as you suggested earlier.

Many thanks for your guiding thoughts. it looks like I may have the Sounds , you said they are the only things that expire…does thatinclude synth?.That’s what I also need to check. IF I can send you an image of my what my product manager is showing me, I will. Thanks to your replies, I.m nearly there . Best, Jane
jayn_night

Postby jayn_night » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:57 pm

mage of Screen shot.

Hi Dark Star,

In case you get chance to look at this post, I got an image made of my screen shot of the product manager.

https://ibb.co/wYzbkSf

Notice, Blau doesnt say anything remaining [all e synths showing are uploaded as are a few more], but one says the first 2 say files remaining.

I opened ST, and looked for these synths in the instruments, and they all have Factory content with stuff in. In fact I could send you a screen shot of that. In the next hour I will try to do that.
That will also show you what I meant about 'trashes'.

Best regards, all best
Jane
jayn_night

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:23 pm

The only downloads that expire are the main Sounds Libraries. The software downloads do not, nor do any Sounds Updates.

As for the Syntronik sounds libraries, here are I see that some have the "N of N files remaining" comments, others do not. I am sure that I have downloaded them all.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jayn_night » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:58 pm

Hi Dark Star

Many thanks for your reply.

Just not sure what your last comment is, 'I am sure I have dowloaded them all.'
Are you suggesting I need to download all those with the comment x number remaining'?

My confusion over the synths & the comments next to them, is whether or not the sounds are a part and parcel of each synth (i.e. Blau) download.
If I have already got them, i.e. if you try to install something that is already there, will it be clear?
I'm going to try that on some of them now.

Here's a shot of inside my ST to see the synths noted on the previous screenshot 99 & Blau, both have factory contents.

https://ibb.co/WgNLTh2

If you've got any comment on this, I'll be glad of your reply. Thanks very much for your comments.

Jane
jayn_night

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More