How to Keep Sound Libraries Off System Drive

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How to Keep Sound Libraries Off System Drive

Postby FCostaguta » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:42 pm

Hi,

I'm having issues with installing SampleTank 4. I set the download drive to a separate HDD and the Product Manager appears to install to this loaction correctly, but on installing the sound libraries it duplicates these files to SYSTEM/ Users/ Public/ Public Documents/ ... SampleTank 4

Would love to know how to stop this, thanks!!
FCostaguta

Re: How to Keep Sound Libraries Off System Drive

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:32 pm

There are two settings, the one that you seem to have set up where the downloads are sent to an external drive. But there's another option that lets you choose a path for sound library file installation. This is from the IK Product Manager User Manual:

7.3 – More Options menu
The three-dot icon button positioned next to each Sound product opens a little menu which includes two buttons:
• Install to...
• Reinstall library

7.3.1 – “Install To...” button
Click on the “Install to...” button to open an OS dialog and select a different installation path for your Sound product.
Your Sound library will be installed into the new directory. Once process is completed, a pop-up notification will inform you with a confirmation message.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby FCostaguta » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:37 pm

Thanks so much!!
FCostaguta

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:40 pm

FCostaguta wrote:Thanks so much!!

No problem! Happy to help!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby FCostaguta » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:21 pm

Hi again,

Sorry - is the product manager supposed to launch an install after selecting "Install to" and designating a folder? It doesn't do anything after, and if I click "re-install" after designating a drive I get the same problem. Is there a means of refreshing the app as far as what is installed or not? I have deleted all sound libraries (doing some disk management) but the app seems to think the sounds are already installed - could this be preventing the install launch through the instruction you gave me?

Thanks again
FCostaguta

Postby FCostaguta » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:58 pm

Update..

I managed to download the sound library zip files off the website instead. I loaded everything for the Miroslav Philharmonik, ran as administrator to avoid other known issues.. and then opened the Miroslav stand-alone to test the method works, but no instruments appear. The file path looks to be right, going to the Miroslav folder..

Would really appreciate any more insight on how I can get this thing installed correctly, I'm four days in on installing this and feeling really frustrated.

Thanks!
FCostaguta

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:14 pm

You shouldn't have to do that. I'm not sure what is causing the issues you are having but the best way to get proper assistance would be through the IK Support team via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they can troubleshoot with you directly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More