B3X Dual Keyboards Fix

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

B3X Dual Keyboards Fix

Postby jjkent251 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:56 pm

This is obviously not the first time someone has asked about this, but I'm having the exact same issue and I have yet to see an explanation for how to fix it. I also have yet to find the user manual if someone is able to point me in the right direction...

Both of my keyboards are going through the same MIDI channel, even though my lower manual is set at MIDI 1 and my upper manual is set at MIDI. I can have both keyboards going through both channels, or both keyboards going through just one channel but I can't split them up so that they each go to a different channel. What should I be doing differently?

and what does the Program Change setting do? Would that make a difference?

They are both plugged through USB:
Lower manual -- Roland RD 2000
Drawbars controlled through onboard faders.
Upper manual -- Yamaha NP12
Drawbars controlled through outboard AKAI MidiMix
L & R Output -- Steinberg UR44C

Thank you in advance.
jjkent251

Re: B3X Dual Keyboards Fix

Postby zzz00m » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:17 pm

Easy fix:

Go into B3X settings and assign upper to MIDI Ch 1, and lower to MIDI Ch 2.

Then set your keyboards to send on Ch1 1 or 2, respectively.

For B3X standalone, there is also a setting option for MIDI input. Choose "ALL".

For the B3X plugin all you have to do is make sure both MIDI inputs are recognized by your DAW, and then assign your B3X instrument track input to "Omni", or whatever your DAW uses to recognize any MIDI input device, regardless of actual MIDI port.
zzz00m

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More