Cubase cannot see Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Cubase cannot see Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby Raumersche1 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:46 am

I am using Cubase 10.5 on a Windows 10 PC.

I am new to MP2 but have managed to download it and get all the sounds loaded up too. It works just fine in stand alone mode, but I cannot get Cubase to see it.

I keep all my plugins on my D drive and I have pointed Cubase at the IK Multimedia files and re-scanned but no joy.

I downloaded the VST3 files but not the VST2 files - could that be an issue?

Any idea what's up?
Raumersche1

Re: Cubase cannot see Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 03, 2021 12:55 pm

Hello Raumersche1 and welcome to the forum

Just a clarification: the VST3 plug-in is in the same installer as the VST2 plug-in. So I think that you meant that you installed the VST3 plugin

What IK Multimedia files are in the folder on D:?
Does Cubase report any error during the plug-in scan?
Does Cubase find and scan other third-party VST3 plug-ins OK?

Generally, VST3 plug-ins go into (sub-folders in) C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Some users have had issues when installing MP2 v2.0.6. Have a look at
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24016
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Raumersche1 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi DarkStar
Yes - I installed VST3 but not VST2

So these are the folders I have ended up with:

D/IK Multimedia/Miroslav Philharmonik 2 (this is where the MP2 .exe file lives)

D/IK Multimedia/MP2 Sounds (where the sounds live)

D/Program Files/Common Files/VST3 (folders in here called "Effects Presets", "Exported Patterns", "Imported Instruments" and a few others. All seem to be empty. This folder also contains a Philharmonik 2 VST3 plug in file and a Sampletank4 VST3 plug in file).

D/Program Files/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4 (this contains the SampleTank 4 .exe file)

D/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/Authorization Manager (contains the authorization manager .exe file)

I also seem to have stuff on my C drive:

C/Program Files/IK Multimedia/IK Product Manager (this folder contains various .pak files, .dll files and .bin files)

I have pointed Cubase at all of these files put it is not seeing MP2. I have Komplete 12 and a whole bunch of Rob Papen VSTs and Cubase is picking those up just fine.

I have read a few threads where some suggest there is an issue placing MP2 anywhere apart from the C drive, but I have not experienced any of the issues that they have with downloading and installing sound files - all that worked just fine. The fact that I can open and run the standalone version suggests that everything is in OK - but for some reason I cannot get Cubase to see MP2 as an available plug in. Not sure if my issue is something to do with how I have installed MP2 or if it is something to do with settings in Cubase. I am not a massive tech nerd so I am a bit stumped right now....
Raumersche1

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 03, 2021 4:29 pm

Some of those folders look odd to me.

Does the SampleTank 4 standalone program and VST3 plug-in load and run OK, load instruments etc?

It would be best to work with Technical Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Raumersche1 » Mon May 03, 2021 6:12 pm

Yes, just tried SampleTank 4 for the first time. It built the sound database straight away and works just fine in standalone mode, but that also is not found by Cubase.

My next step is to try Technical support, just thought I would try here first just in case I had made a rookie mistake.

Thanks for your help!
Raumersche1

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More