Cannot find serial # for SampleTank 3

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Cannot find serial # for SampleTank 3

Postby mike12911 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:51 am

Hi

I recently purchased a Fishman Triple Play Controller. I have been trying to authorize the version of SampleTank 3 that is a part of the Fishman software package, but I cannot find the serial number on IK site in the my products section of my account. There are other products listed in my products, but not SampleTank 3 or SampleTank CS. SampleTank 4 is listed with a serial number along with the other products (they have serial numbers as well). I tried creating a ticket, but I cannot create a ticket without the product serial number.
mike12911

Re: Cannot find serial # for SampleTank 3

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:36 am

Hello mike12911 and welcome to the forums.

You can still open a ticket without a serial number by typing "None" in the serial number box on the support request form.

Does the controller come with some sort of instructions on how to register the software with IKM? You may need to do this before a serial number is visible.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby mike12911 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:44 pm

Thanks for the information. The instructions from the Fishman website and software bundle direct you to use the IK Authorization Manager and state that the SampleTank serial number can be found at the my products page on the IK site. The Fishman website states that it no longer supports SampleTank3 (but that is the software they want users to download) and that we are to obtain the serial number from the IK site. Very confusing

Thanks again
mike12911

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:01 pm

I would have thought that the SampleTank Serial Number would be (on a card?) in the box with the Triple Play. Check with Fishman?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:07 pm

DarkStar wrote:I would have thought that the SampleTank Serial Number would be (or a card?) in the box with the Triple Play.

That's what I was presuming as well.

@mike12911 - I think for a definitive answer to your query your best bet, as DarkStar suggests, is to contact Fishman or IKM Official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

If there is some sort of agreement between Fishman and IKM regarding software bundles, they would be able to steer you right. Anything from us here would be based on guesswork, unless there is another user that chimes in who has bought from Fishman and has gone through the process already, but waiting for that person might be a long shot :)
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More