SampleTank 4 SE messed up my Philharmonik 2!!!!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 SE messed up my Philharmonik 2!!!!

Postby squeakD » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:01 am

Purchasing and downloading SampleTank 4 SE has been nothing but a horrible experience for me. I had so much trouble getting all the sound content to download properly. Now somehow after downloading SampleTank 4 SE, I can’t use my Philharmonik 2. I’ve literally made no changes to Philharmonik. Today was the first time I used it since downloading ST4.

Now the pathway for Philharmonik is jacked up. When I checked the pathway, it was set a location that didn’t have the sound data needed for the program, and I didn’t change it to that pathway. When I assign the proper pathway it’s supposed to pull the appropriate content from it doesn’t even work now. All the sound categories are gone. I made no changes to Philharmonik, so how did this happen? My first sign that something was wrong was when I realized there was a lock icon on Philharmonik in SampleTank.

I’m thinking I’ll just back up the sound data, and do a complete uninstall of ST4 tomorrow, and see if I can get Philharmonik 2 working.

Sqk
squeakD

Re: SampleTank 4 SE messed up my Philharmonik 2!!!!

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:05 am

Reading your recent posts it seems that you are running into more and more problems. This is primarily a user to user forum, but users will be wary of offering advice without a full understanding of your system, file locations etc.

As advised before the best thing to do is raise a Technical Support Ticket. They will be able to give you some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: SampleTank 4 SE messed up my Philharmonik 2!!!!

Postby squeakD » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:13 pm

I’ve done a complete uninstall of both. It looks like the Philharmonik data got corrupted after downloading ST4. Managed to get all the sound categories and instruments back, but Philharmonik couldn’t open any of its sound data.
squeakD

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More