Love SampleTank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Love SampleTank 4

Postby angelonyc » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:16 pm

I bought Sampletank 4 yesterday.. Yes installing the huge amount of disk images is time consuming, easy to mess up. On a Mac, I opened 4 finder windows. One was the disk images themselves, another was my Sound Data folder. As I finished installing a disk, I used Mac's color symbol on each disk, so I know I installed that.

The first set of sound data has 8 disks. That's easy, cause when installer is working it tells you "disk1 of 8, disk 2 of 8' etc. There are several more multi disk sets. Installer only calls it 'sound content'. So if you're not paying attention, it's easy to skip a disk.I also think I double installed one sound set. Wish Installer would ask' do you want to replace?'
I assume it just wrote over it. I haven't gone thru the folders yet to see if it did. I think it just wrote over it.

As I was going thru the instruments. I noticed 'electric pianos' wasn't found. I just found the disk image, mounted and ran it. I did this while in Logic Pro. After installed, ST4 automatically rescanned itself. So that was easy.

The sounds are good, some very expressive things. I've only scratched the surface, but like their other virtual instruments, they are good usable sounds.

Thanks IK Multimedia
angelonyc

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More