SampleTank 4 MAX - Which Sounds?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 MAX - Which Sounds?

Postby cpettingill » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:03 pm

A couple of months ago I purchased Total Studio Max 2, and I installed the included SampleTank 3 Total Studio MAX 2 and all of the sounds provided. I purchased the upgrade to SampleTank 4 Max, and I'm trying to figure out which Sounds I need to download to have the full set.

Is there a list that will tell me which sounds files I need to download to update any ones that have changed or that are brand new for SampleTank 4 Max relative to what I would have installed in the last couple of months when I installed SampleTank 3 Total Studio MAX 2?
cpettingill

Re: SampleTank 4 MAX - Which Sounds?

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:01 pm

The master list of sounds in SampleTank 4 MAX is available here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#soundlist

Once you register SampleTank 4 MAX you'll see the list of what you need to download in your User Area under "My Products". There are dropdowns with all the files listed there.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cpettingill » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:24 pm

Thanks Peter,

I do see the available list of Sounds in my user area, but in the list, it looks like many of these are ones I would have already installed with SampleTank 3. I'd rather just install the content that's new or modified since SampleTank 3.

Is there a list of which sounds files are new/changed since SampleTank 3, or is everything for SampleTank 4 new and/or somehow changed?

PS: While I'm at it, I'd like to add my vote for a better content management/installation system for IK software and content. Waves, Native Instruments, Ableton, Arturia, Melda Productions, Plugin Alliance, Loopmasters, Splice and more all have such systems (though certainly some are better than others).
cpettingill

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:52 pm

Anything that is from SampleTank 3 would not be changed so if you have those libraries you do not need to download those.

Please note there are lists and a comparison chart of the sounds in each version at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More