authorizatiom manager

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

authorizatiom manager

Postby Chance » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:13 am

Again,,,, my friend is having trouble with the authorization manager. He gets a message saying "Click here for the new authorization manager" He did that and gets asked the same question again (use new auth mgr) How do you get the new auth mgr? The link just reverts to the old auth mgr
Chance

Re: authorizatiom manager

Postby Chance » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:41 am

I had this same problem a few months ago but with a Mac and IK sent me a "different" auth link that worked. My friend is having the same exact problem BUT ON HIS WINDOWS PC. Here is a copy/past of correspondence from IK

[MOD REDACTED: Please see forum rules about posting direct correspondence/links from Official IK Support]
Last edited by garfy on Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed direct correspondence from IK Support
Chance

Postby garfy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:06 pm

Here is a link for the current Authorisation Manager for both Windows and macOS.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... onmanager/

I have just checked and both download correctly.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Chance » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:31 pm

Thank you
I will have him try it later this afternoon.
Man,, I am "SO" impressed at the support from IK. I only wish other software tech support, even came close to the support I have been given from IK, and I will continue to spread the word.
See you at NAMM.................Chance
Chance

Postby Chance » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:48 pm

Still having problems. The "import" button is greyed out. "My" thoughts are that he is "still" not authorized (the way I did it on my Mac). When he installed the auth manager, I told him that he needs to fill in his reg & serial numbers. Is there any way you could check? His email is
[Mod Edit: email removed to avoid the risk of him getting spammed. The Moderators /Administrators here could not check it anyway)].

Edit addition: This is getting interesting. I am trying to determine if he has truly authorized his ST3 before moving to the next step. He went to his "My Products" on his PC. He sent me a screen shot, and "his" My products page is different from "MY" my products page on my Mac computer. Now I know that he is not seeing what I am seeing, or what I tell him he "should" be seeing. It makes it difficult walking him through the set up. There's no option to attach screen shots here for better understanding
Last edited by Chance on Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chance

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:09 am

Hi, for direct technical assistance please open a ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they’ll have access to accounts and such in order to give proper assistance.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Chance wrote:There's no option to attach screen shots here for better understanding

>>> https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432
but please obscure any personal / private information - serial numbers etc
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Chance » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:54 pm

Thank you I opened a support ticket. I only wish there was a way that "he" could confirm if he is indeed authorized or not. Once ST is opened the import is greyed out. He wants to use it as a stand alone.
Chance

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More