Trying to help a friend with ST on windows 10

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Trying to help a friend with ST on windows 10

Postby Chance » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:49 pm

I use ST once in a while on my Mac. My friend who is ST challenged is really confused. He wants just a stand alone. He is running windows 10 and I have no knowledge working with a PC. He installed ST 3 free, but is telling me that some "custom shop" is in there. I use ST2 and ST 2.5. I would be willing to pay someone to walk him through installing on his PC on the phone. I purchased and sent him the "vocal collection" which he needs (Ooo's, Ahaa's, choir, etc. Thoughts?
Chance

Re: Trying to help a friend with ST on windows 10

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:53 pm

Chance wrote:I use ST once in a while on my Mac. My friend who is ST challenged is really confused. He wants just a stand alone. He is running windows 10 and I have no knowledge working with a PC. He installed ST 3 free, but is telling me that some "custom shop" is in there. I use ST2 and ST 2.5. I would be willing to pay someone to walk him through installing on his PC on the phone. I purchased and sent him the "vocal collection" which he needs (Ooo's, Ahaa's, choir, etc. Thoughts?

Sorry Chance, but redistributing the Sounds libraries is not allowed by the EULA.
Rental.­­­­­­­­­You­­­­­­­­­ may­­­­­­­­­ not­­­­­­­­­ rent,­­­­­­­­­ lease or­­­­­­­­­ lend­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­“IK­­­­­­­­­ Multimedia­­­­­­­­­ Product”­­­­­­­­­ to­­­­­­­­­ any­­­­­­­­­ party.
Software Transfer.­­­­­­­­­You­­­­­­­­­ may­­­­­­­­­ not­­­­­­­­­ transfer, ­­­­­­­­­license­­­­­­­­­ or­­­­­­­­­ sublicense­­­­­­­­­ your ­­­­­­­­­rights­­­­­­­­­ as ­­­­­­­­­Licensee of ­­­­­­­­­the­­­­­­­­­ software­­­­­­­­­ or­­­­­­­­­ any­­­­­­­­­ IK­­­­­­­­­ Multimedia­­­­­­­­­ product,­­­­­­­­­ as­­­­­­­­­ licensed­­­­­­­­­ to­­­­­­­­­ you­­­­­­­­­ under­­­­­­­­­ this­­­­­­­­­ agreement­­­­­­­­­ without­­­­­­­­­ prior­­­­­­­­­ written­­­­­­­­­ consent­­­­­­­­­ of­­­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­­­­ rights­­­­­­­­­ owner

If I have misunderstood, then my apologies.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Chance » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Yes you misunderstood I purchased the vocal collection 2 years ago and my friend loved the sounds. I purchased them again as a gift to a friend and I asked how do I give to him. here is their correspondence with me:
Date: 2018-12-22 02:07:39

I already have your vocal collection that I run in SampleTank that I got a couple years ago from you. "This" one that I just purchased today. is a gift for a friend who is new to SampleTank. I am trying to teach him how to use ST as a stand alone sound generator with ST3. How do I get this vocal collection to him?
Thanks.................Chance

Date: 2018-12-22 07:54:48
Name: eSoundz Support

Best regards,
Support Manager

[Mod Edit: [personal details have been redacted]
Chance

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Ah ha, sorry.

The SampleTank 3 Custom Shop download installs 3 programs:
-- SampleTank 3,
-- the IK Multimedia Custom Shop
-- the IK Multimedia Authorization Manager.
You will need the Sounds Download too, for the 30 bundled instruments.

Install them all, the latter two do not need much disk space.

Run the installer to install the 3 programs. If prompter for a Sounds library folder, select a sub-folder in c:/My documents or even on another disk (mine is l:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3"). Then (unZIP?) the Sounds Download and run that installer too - it should put the sounds library into that same folder.

The program installer puts some shortcuts in the "All Programs" menu - use that to start the Authorization Manager (which may well update itself) and, when prompted, enter the ST3 CS Serial Number (found in the User Area / My Products / SampleTank 3 Custom Shop section). When done, there is another shortcut to start ST3. Configure its MIDI input and audio output settings and off he can go.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:25 pm

As for the Vocal Collection itself- that was for ST2.5, I think.

So it (the sounds collection, not the ST2.5 program) will need installing somewhere (but not in the ST3 library folder) and the ST3 Import function can be used to bring it into the ST3 Sounds Library, creating St3-compatible instruments.

Finally, it is well worth backing up all sounds library downloads so that they can be re-used if ever needed (that saves a possible Download Reactivation fee and download traffic).
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Chance » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:32 pm

Thanks "SO" much for the help. As my first question stated, is there any paid support that I could secretly pay (without my friend's knowledge)? I am in California and he is in Chicago. Perhaps a remote, where IK support takes control of his PC to do the install? I use Mac, he uses a PC, and I don't understand PC's. Just got your last message. Is ST 2.5 compatible with Windows 10? Is ST 2.5 still available for download? 2.5 is what I use on my Mac
Chance

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:41 pm

There is no official paid support - IK Multimedia will provide Technical Support FOR FREE - normal US Business Hours.

ST2.5 program runs here on Windows 7 64-bit and also as a plug-in in 64-bit (with a "bridge") and 32-bit DAWs here. i do not know about Windows 10. ST2.5 would only be available to users who held an IK Multimedia account when it was current.

Your friend's best bet is to give the ST3 CS install a try and post a new thread if he gets stuck.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Chance » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:50 pm

Here is an example how I last used ST for my friend Paul Cotton of the band "Poco" We all played together in the 60's and the guitar player Ronnie Lass is the one I want to turn ST on to. I used the Ooo's and Ahaa's in ST and Ronnie got excited. It would open a lot of doors for him in his songwriting. then he will want more IK products/instruments, Trax, etc. once he gets the hang of ST and the world of the DAW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bto5IgmLpHA
Chance

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More