Gilmore VST

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Gilmore VST

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:07 pm

Not sure if this is a good idea for Sampletank or if it should be Amplitube, but here it goes:

I know something I haven't seen in other virtual's or samplers -

A guitar module that carry's the sound of David Gilmore's guitar of Pink Floyd's the Wall.
His sound on that album is so clutch. I would love to see IK pick up something like that.
auggybendoggy2

Re: Gilmore VST

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:32 pm

If you are not a guitar player, you could use both... There are sampled Stratocaster guitars in SampleTank and you could run those through AmpliTube (especially the Hiwatt model and some of the pedals that were used by Mr. Gilmour) with great results I'd think.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:12 am

But The Wall recording of his guitar is so unique in my opinion. If I ever pick up Amplitube, I'll try to follow your recommendation.

I myself would favor a model plugin so we don't have to figure it out.
auggybendoggy2

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:28 pm

I understand. However in the mean time please note you do have access to models of most of the gear he used in AmpliTube already to get you started: http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=20
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More