SampleTank 3 - no instruments [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 3 - no instruments [Resolved]

Postby mr.digi » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Hey IK crew and users,

I downloaded ST3, instalation, registration, authorization everything fine.
Downloaded the "SampleTank_3_Sound_Library_Update_3.5" and did the instalation.
It says "the sound content was updated correctly".

But when I open SampleTank and try to load for example some "Old Rock Kit" it says "Failed to load instrument". See Screenshot attached.

I read in another thread that I should doenload some "Sound Installer 1-8".
But on the IK Website "my products" I don't find anything like that.

More background information/Another weirght:
I get the sample tank SE and ST Free for free without any sounds, because I bought another hardware product earlier. Than I noticed I was able to get the SampleTank MAX as an Upgrade for round about 200€. I bought this crossgrade at a local store in my hometown. They send me a Serial Number. When authorized the product the Authorization Manager says "SampleTank MAX is authorized".
But when I go to IK Multimedia Website "My Products" the Serial Number is assigned to SampleTank 3, and for SampleTank MAX is a complete different Serial Number.
This Number don't work in Authorization Manager Software.

I'm looking forward hearing from you soon.
THANK's FOR SUPPORT!

Best
Dirk
mr.digi

Re: SampleTank 3 - no instruments

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Hello mr.digi and welcome to the forum.

Exactly which ST3 product did you download and install?

For ST3 itself (list price 199.99) the software installer also installs one (I think) instrument - Grand Piano? It also installs all the "Instrument-definition" files that you can see in the ST3 Browser. For all those other instruments you need to download and install the Sounds Library files. You will find them in your User Area, under My Products / SampleTank 3, click the [Sounds Downloads] button to see them all.

As for the Serial Numbers, it would be best to raise a Support Ticket, here,
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help. The software for ST3 and ST3 Max is the same; the difference is the sound libraries included (more downloads needed ;)). The Serial Number determine which libraries can be loaded into ST3.

PS: Your duplicate post (onto another thread) has been removed. No need for it.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mr.digi » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Thank's for your quick reply.
Sorry, if I confuses you with my large description :D
I try to break it down again:

I Downloaded the "SampleTank_3_Sound_Library_Update_3.5" – I do not only copy the content in my ST3 folder – I did the real instalation. It says "the sound content was updated correctly".

But when I open SampleTank and try to load any instrument it says "Failed to load instrument".

So what can I do?

Thanks for your support.
mr.digi

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:24 pm

You description was fine.

What you need to do is:
download and install the Sounds Library files. You will find them in your User Area, under My Products / SampleTank 3, click the [Sounds Downloads] button to see them all.

The "SampleTank_3_Sound_Library_Update_3.5" is, I think, updates to the "instrument definition" files, not the samples, But I could be wrong
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby garfy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:35 pm

Edit: must have been typing as Darkstar was posting.

mr.digi wrote:I Downloaded the "SampleTank_3_Sound_Library_Update_3.5" – I do not only copy the content in my ST3 folder – I did the real instalation. It says "the sound content was updated correctly".

But when I open SampleTank and try to load any instrument it says "Failed to load instrument"

So, to confirm, the only downloads/installation that you have done so far is the main SampleTank 3 installer and the Sound Library Update 3.5, correct? This library update is not the full library and if it is the only thing installed then the app will fail to load instruments.

If so, as you point out in your first post, there are the additional sound installers numbered 1-8 that need to be downloaded. Did you check in your User Area under Sounds Download for them as Darkstar suggested? This is a different tab to where you found the Library Update 3.5 so perhaps you can check again.

If you still cannot access the sounds downloads then I would suggest that this is a problem with your account or serial number and you raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ for some one-to-one help.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby mr.digi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Everything is working now. Thanks a lot for quick response!
mr.digi

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Good oh!

To help out others finding this thread, can you let us know what you did to resolve the problem? After all, garfy and I were only guessing.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Re: SampleTank 3 - no instruments [Resolved]

Postby mr.digi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:18 pm

I need to find the "Sound Content Parts 1 – 8" to make SampleTank 3 running.
I thought this should be the first thing I have to install.
So I only take a look at the "Sample Tank Libary Update" for Sample Tank 3.
BUT I also bought the Sample Tank MAX Crosscrade.
And when I take a look in Download content for Sample Tank MAX, between many Instrument PlugIns I found these "Sound Contents Parts". 8-) Nice!
mr.digi

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More