Soundtank drum loop recording on Logic X Pro

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Soundtank drum loop recording on Logic X Pro

Postby ryanfernandes » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:12 pm

MacOS 10.13.4,
Logic Pro X 10.4.1
Sampletank Custom Shop 3.7.2

I having problems recording SampleTank drum loops on Logic Pro X, however when the recording button is selected on Logic pro...the timeline on that track advances but no recording. Not sure if I have a setup problem, but here is what I am doing and any tips our pointers to setup and operation would be helpful. [mod redacted for suspicious weblink. Topic left alive but locked as someone might find the information useful]

- created a logic pro track as software instrument, instrument=SampleTank 3, output=output1-2
- select the logic pro channel track pulldown for SampleTank 3, SampleTanks 3 window pops up
- select instrument tab and a bunch of drum grooves, hit key to start drum groove, see activity on the Logic instrument track.
- prime the track with recording button.
- select recording button but nothing records and no typical visual evidence of a recorded track that can be played back.
Last edited by ryanfernandes on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryanfernandes

Re: Soundtank drum loop recording on Logic X Pro

Postby garfy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:36 am

Hi ryanfernandes

I have just tried on my setup (specs in sig) with ST3.7.1. and cannot replicate the issue. Both MIDI and QWERTY triggering of the note is recorded in Logic using your procedure.

ryanfernandes wrote: hit key to start drum groove

When you say this, are you referring to clicking the mouse pointer on the ST3 interface piano keyboard? If so, please be advised that this does not generate MIDI instruction into the sequencer. You can only record a trigger event with a physical keystroke, as noted above, or by drawing into the piano roll.

ryanfernandes wrote:I having problems recording SampleTank drum loops on Logic Pro X, however when the recording button is selected on Logic pro...the timeline on that track advances but no recording.

Just to clarify though - are you expecting the whole groove/loop to be recorded as MIDI? If you are then, again, this is not something that that the loop triggering is designed for. Instead, you can grab the desired loop from the pattern list and drag/drop it into the main tracks/timeline window for playback and further editing.

For further info on using patterns see User Guide 3.4

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More