Sample tank 3.7.2 only loads multi & sequences no instrumen

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample tank 3.7.2 only loads multi & sequences no instrumen

Postby shagproductionz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:34 pm

Hi so i'm running mac high sierra 10.13.3 and have recently installed & authorised SampleTank 3.7.2. and installed all 8 dvd's on to my external HD.

When i choose the path of my installed instruments in sampletanks preferences it only loads the sequences and multi (demo) but no instruments.

this is the path to my sounds on my external HD...

ExternalHD/Sounds/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3

i have also tried installing the first sound library dvd onto my system HD in the Documents folder but still only the sequences & multi load????

I have read and tried almost everything recommended on the forums with no luck.... very frustrating.

thanks
shagproductionz

Re: Sample tank 3.7.2 only loads multi & sequences no instru

Postby garfy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:10 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums.

shagproductionz wrote:When i choose the path of my installed instruments in sampletanks preferences it only loads the sequences and multi (demo) but no instruments.

Do you mean that the Sampletank browser doesn't show any instrument presets or that the presets are there but when you choose one it doesn't generate any sounds?

You can check to see that the content has been loaded correctly by looking in your folder structure and following your path ExternalHD/Sounds/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3 in the Finder, you should then be able to see a folder called 'Instruments' which contain the presets and a folder called 'Samples' which contain the main content for the sound sets. If installed correctly here, Sampletank should not be having a problem opening them.

If they are installed correctly, I would suggest opening a support ticket with IK Support as they will be able to give you some one to one guidance http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ This forum is for users and others may not have had the same issues as you, so you may not get any answers here.

You say you are trying to load from DVDs. AFAIK SampleTank is not available on DVD, only download and USB drives. Are these backup discs you have made from downloaded content? Could they be corrupted which may be causing the errors?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby shagproductionz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi Garfy,

Thanks for replying firstly.

Do you mean that the Sampletank browser doesn't show any instrument presets or that the presets are there but when you choose one it doesn't generate any sounds?

yes i mean the sampletank browser doesn't show any instruments but it does show the patterns & multi (which only has one file named "demo") in the browser.

Also on my external HD where i installed the dvd's (by dvd's i actually meant .iso files which i mounted & installed all 8 successfully according to the installer) i have all the different instrument folders and in them folders are .st3i files? and in the sample folders are .pak files?does that sound about right?
shagproductionz

Postby garfy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:35 pm

shagproductionz wrote: i have all the different instrument folders and in them folders are .st3i files? and in the sample folders are .pak files?does that sound about right?

Yes, that does sound correct. I think the best course of action for you would be to open a ticket with Support. They will get back to you with suggestions of what to do next, but they may not work over the weekend so they may not reply for a couple of days.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More