Upgrading from Total Studio MAX to Total Studio 2 MAX

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Upgrading from Total Studio MAX to Total Studio 2 MAX

Postby dpaterson » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:23 pm

I have Total Studio MAX and also purchased all other modules for SampleTank, AmpliTube, as well as purchased T-RackS 5. Assuming one wishes to now upgrade to Total Studio 2 MAX is it necessary to uninstall any existing modules or will any existing modules simply be overwritten with newer versions??? Furthermore (and depending on the answer):will T-RackS CS still function after such upgrade (because until the Mixcraft Pro Studio and T-RackS 5 mixdown issue has been resolved T-RackS 5 is useless to me)???

Regards,

Dale.
dpaterson

Re: Upgrading from Total Studio MAX to Total Studio 2 MAX

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:42 pm

Support notified me yesterday that they were reaching out to you about the Mixcraft issue. We worked with them and the next T-RackS update has the updated code on our side but there's also a problem on their end where an updated version of their software is required - they'd have to provide the date for that to you.

For the digital download version of Total Studio 2 MAX, you are able to install the separate products so you won't have to uninstall anything you already have installed.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dpaterson » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:25 pm

Thanks Peter.

To be clear: Mixcraft not MAGIX??? I will wait for IK Support and then contact Acoustica (Mixcraft).

Great to hear that it’s not necessary to uninstall but will there be any problem simply downloading and installing Total Studio 2 MAX completely over an existing version of Total Studio MAX (1)??? Reason I ask is that there have been updates to Total Studio MAX (1) since my initial purchase so I’m hoping that these updates will not be overwritten (Total Studio 2 MAX theoretically should contain the latest updates to common modules anyway I would think).

Regards,

Dale.
dpaterson

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Edited my post. Mixcraft it is.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Total Studio 2 MAX (download version) is not a single install. You'd install the products separately so you can install only the products you need to.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More