SampleTank 3.7.1 / CustomShop 1.8.0 - three problems

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 3.7.1 / CustomShop 1.8.0 - three problems

Postby alexrice » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi, I'm possibly getting into IK-Multimedia software again, but presently it's not going so well. I'm using MacBook Pro, Yosemite (10.10.5), Logic Pro X (10.2.4). This past week I downloaded & installed SampleTank-3 (free Custom Shop edition, version 3.7.1), both standalone as well as AU/VST components, and factory library. Installation went without a hitch, and the software works adequately, except as follows.

1. I have a test project (Logic Pro X) on my desktop in which I have only one instrument channel strip with the SampleTank-3 plugin instantiated. Strangely, I have found that I cannot unload (un-instantiate) the ST3 plugin from the channel strip (ie. set the instrument slot to 'no plugin'); nor can I change the plugin from ST3 to something else (EXS24, Kontakt, etc); nor can I reset that channel strip (which normally clears all plugs); nor can I delete same channel strip like any other; in all four cases my Logic Pro X, which normally runs clean, crashes. I have tested this with other instrument plugs, no problem. This only happens, and it *always* happens, with the ST3 AU plugin. In other words, it appears that once I instantiate ST3 into a project, there is no way of removing it from that project. Until this problem is remedied I cannot be re-investing any further in IK-Multimedia products. Once this problem is remedied, I will consider the ST3 instrument plug worth keeping and using in my projects.

2. When I open the Custom Shop standalone application (1.8.0) and log into my IK-MM account, it returns a one-line message that I have no software registered to my account, so effectively there's nothing I can do in that app except shop. Where's my purchased product info? I know where it is in my account User Area online, but shouldn't I see the same info via this app, or not? Is it because it's been some years and all my purchased products, incl Miroslav Philharmik 1 and various ST2 instrument collections, are considered 'legacy'? In any case shouldn't I be seeing some product info via Custom Shop? Seems pretty useless as is. Does the app need a fix?

3. I had a significant problem early in the week, when I was modifying the naming and structure of my SampleTank instruments libraries, including both the new ST3 free library as well as the ST2 free legacy library which I imported into ST3 and had working just fine. I like to customize my instrument menus, but in the midst of that process something happened and I found that *none* of the instruments would load, not the legacy ST2s, not the ST3s, not even the stock ST3 piano. So, I re-installed the libraries fresh and all the instruments work again. However, I'm intentionally *not* renaming or moving anything around for now. I recall reading in the ST3 manual that the library folder/file structures are customizable. From my brief experience it doesn't appear so robust in this regard, or, I just need to know what I'm *not* allowed to rename, move, etc. Tips/eye-openers appreciated, so I can customize my ST3 instruments library/menu again, thus feel more inclined to re-invest further in IK-MM, etc.

Regards,
Alex
alexrice

Re: SampleTank 3.7.1 / CustomShop 1.8.0 - three problems

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi, all three of these issues are issues that IK Support would need to handle with you as they are not the standard experience using SampleTank 3. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and will be able to help resolve your issues.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: SampleTank 3.7.1 / CustomShop 1.8.0 - three problems

Postby alexrice » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:02 am

Thanks for your reply, Peter. Yes I have submitted same information via IK support directly as well.
alexrice

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More