Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby Vollgerd » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Hallo,
thank you.
So I will send a new report to support.

Gerd
Vollgerd

Postby novaburst » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:10 pm

Vollgerd wrote:Hallo
has anyone received a notification from the support?
I wrote last Sunday and heard nothing until today.
Also, no confirmation of my report. (no ticket)

Gerd

Support has also replied to me also, one or two of my issues has not been replied but I can only imagine that they would have been getting repeated common issues and most issues would have been covered by other users.
novaburst

Postby JLN » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:01 am

Hello
is there somebody using MV2 in AU ( OS X) ?
thanks
JLN

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:05 pm

JLN wrote:Hello
is there somebody using MV2 in AU ( OS X) ?
thanks

Are you having an issue? Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is available in AU format for use in DAWs that support it and it does work in that way. If you are not having this experience, please report it to support. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JLN » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:15 pm

thanks, i've already contacted the support; just wanted to ask if somebody had isues with multiple outputs format.... ( only left dry channel , FX: left + right )
JLN

Postby feldor » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:30 pm

novaburst wrote:^^^^
Sorry I get my notes mixed up,

Starting from G2 going up the scale, D3 C3 E3 notes are very low in volume please check, if its just me I will reinstall the software.

also B 3 or the note before C3 has a glitch sound but must be pressed hard,

these issues are in 14 violin multi and some other sustained violins.

Hi and actually I am experiencing the same. Sorry for a bit late reply and unless you have received some solution / answer from the support, I will post them this also, so hope nobody minds posting it here also:)

I came here to check if anyone had experienced the same, mainly with the glitch sound with 14 violins multi. So far I used only mouse with onscreen keyboard to test this, so no midi input atm.
Like B2 and D3, like after it starts looping not loud (actually some might not even hear it..) but disturbing glitch still at the same place in the loop. I have tried different interface buffer sizes, but doesn't change a thing.
Also I do hear some differencies in the loudness of notes, not sure how I could achieve that with a computer mouse alone.. but, shrug. This didn't seem to be that big issue to me.
Anyway, the glitch was the first thing that I noticed after I started to test this new software again and it is clearly there, whatever the reason is. Have to experiment more though, with my midi keyboard(s) and also with another headphones.
So novaburst as you described the glitch sound thing pretty much how I hear it (like when it starts 2 secs. or so after playing), you are not the only one :)

Cheers...
feldor

Postby novaburst » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:52 am

First official review on MP2 but the reviewer has a lot in common with Miroslav so to me not a 100% hot blooded as a reviewer should be,

some nice points, also I feel some cover ups

check it out

Edit} not bad score, Hmmmmmm friend or foe lol do I agree with every thing he said ? nope

but thats what reviews are.

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2016/01 ... -2-review/
novaburst

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:55 am

There is no connection of that reviewer or site to IK. We had nothing to do with it and the author stated somewhere (KVR I believe) that he reviewed Miroslav Philharmonik 2 honestly and specifically because it was quite "controversial" there.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby novaburst » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:59 am

Peter_IK wrote:There is no connection of that reviewer or site to IK. We had nothing to do with it and the author stated somewhere (KVR I believe) that he reviewed Miroslav Philharmonik 2 honestly and specifically because it was quite "controversial" there.

@Peter hahaha, how are you.

The common ground I was referring to was that they are both acoustic bass players.

I feel, please note its my feeling only, that because of this he may of not leaned to hard on some of MP2 problems.

I feel that it would be hard to give MP2 a bad review because the library has been respected for years since the first MP so my guess is reviews will be careful and maybe put a twist to some of the problems.

Question : what type of review would you give Peter ?
novaburst

Postby Markos.illona » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:25 am

you need to use software " Long Path Tool " it will solve this problem
Markos.illona

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:48 am

I would give a great review, based on how much better it is than the original :)

By the way / for general interest:

We've added some more audio demos, this one from composer Hetoreyn which I like a bit:

The rest of the new ones are in the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 main playlist at https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/sets/miroslav2
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby allanh » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:55 pm

That's a beautiful demo - thank you for posting. I'll collect all my notes on the small inconsistencies I've found, and make sure they are submitted.

I still miss having CC-controlled dynamics, but I realize that's not MP's mode of operation.
allanh

Postby novaburst » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:05 am

Peter_IK wrote:I would give a great review, based on how much better it is than the original :)

By the way / for general interest:

We've added some more audio demos, this one from composer Hetoreyn which I like a bit:

The rest of the new ones are in the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 main playlist at https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/sets/miroslav2

It is a very nice piece, has a lot of feeling (emotion) in it done well,
novaburst

Postby pkmarkosarnych » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:22 am

You could use a third party tool to bypass long path errors. I suggest to try Long Path Tool.
pkmarkosarnych

Sample inconsistency in the Ens. Violins

Postby allanh » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:04 pm

Sample inconsistency in
Strings/Ensemble/Violins/Sustain/[all mf] (e.g. 14 Violins Sustain mf d LP)

Using the nomenclature on the Virtual Keyboard: C4-E4 are noticeably different than the surrounding samples: They are much smoother and the stereo image is different. Just play from G3 to G4 to hear the transitions. I think IK is aware of this as these notes are skipped in the multis.

Work Around: layer in viola or one of the NV samples
allanh

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More