SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 Now Available!

Postby petrenko_da » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:13 am

Honestly, what improvement in streaming work with a disk is a question of advertising a product? If the program reserves 7Gb of RAM for each ST4 instance added to the DAW. Everyone can check - load 4 ST4 shells into the Reaper and your system, if there is no RAM on it, will request help! Or ask for an increase in the paging file. On my system SSD, I always turned off this feature. Now forced to turn.
For example, each instance of ST3 reserved 2-3Gb of RAM. So where is the advertised improvement in streaming. If the program almost the entire volume of the tool loads into RAM.
And there is not even minimal optimization, as in NI Kontakt, where, among other things, it is possible to unload unused samples from memory. Or IK has any arguments and I am very mistaken and in the near future we will get a product with an optimal load on the system. Otherwise, 200 + Gb samples on computer disks will remain unclaimed rubbish, despite the remarkable sound quality. After all, ST4 is positioned as the main tool for mobile work. And in this work, as a rule, laptops are used, which by default are weaker than their stationary counterparts. I would like to hear the views of IK about what was said.
petrenko_da

Postby pirodm@gmail.com » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:03 am

petrenko_da wrote:Honestly, what improvement in streaming work with a disk is a question of advertising a product? If the program reserves 7Gb of RAM for each ST4 instance added to the DAW. Everyone can check - load 4 ST4 shells into the Reaper and your system, if there is no RAM on it, will request help! Or ask for an increase in the paging file. On my system SSD, I always turned off this feature. Now forced to turn.

I have already reported the similar problem before:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20634&start=15#p88405

Hope IKM team will find a way to solve this problem for future versions of ST4.
ST3 works fine on my system for years.
pirodm@gmail.com

Postby rx8doc » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:18 pm

Any updates on when those of us who ordered the USB version will see it shipped?
rx8doc

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:46 pm

Your best bet is to contact Sales Support who can check the details of your order:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/contact-us/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rx8doc » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:05 pm

Thanks I did, my order is fine but not shipping yet.
rx8doc

Postby frankswift » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:11 pm

rx8doc wrote:Any updates on when those of us who ordered the USB version will see it shipped?

I'm in the same boat. I'm in the UK and just wondering if there's any word about the shipping dates.
frankswift

Postby silver-machine » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:16 pm

I bet they have held back to see if they needed updates like we have and expect over the coming days
Hurry up 4.02
silver-machine

Postby frankswift » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:20 pm

yeah that makes sense. I'm just really excited to get this :)
frankswift

Postby silver-machine » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi
I would and think that the Sampletank engine 4.01 is very small on ram
It will be all the sounds and effects that take the ram.

8 gig is the minimum nowadays for upmarket programs.
This is why i purchase a machine with 32 gig put in.
12 to 16 gig of ram is the norm now :P
Advice for anyone who is serious with music
Get the best for the job as you get what you always pay for.
You can get great computers under £2000
Last edited by silver-machine on Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silver-machine

Postby gabriel.kreps » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:36 pm

silver-machine wrote:Hi
I would and think that the Sampletank engine 4.01 is very small on ram
It will be all the sounds and effects that take the ram.

8 gig is the minimum nowadays for upmarket programs.
This is why i purchase a machine with 32 gig put in.
12 to 16 gig of ram is the norm now :P
Advice for anyone who is serious with music
Get the best for the job as you get what you always pay for.
You can get great computers under £2000

That's well and good but the product is advertised as 4 GIG OF RAM AS THE MIN. and suggest 8gigs of ram, which I have. I am using the suggested specs. This is an advertising issue possibly. In what world does ST4 work with only 4 gigs of ram when it barely runs on 8 gigs and in my case, doesn't currently run at all ??? :x
Last edited by gabriel.kreps on Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gabriel.kreps

Postby sam almohanian » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:39 pm

many downloadable sound content are getting error when unzipping. any help
sam almohanian

Postby dlgebert » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:45 pm

redacted post quoted, referred to posts that were not compliant with forum rules - reply below remains as an indication that users should continue to work with support instead of copy/pasting their ticket here

I have an iMac with 8GB of RAM and have MAX 4.0.1 installed and I've had one of the large new ST4 pianos loaded and my memory was still under 3GB. I record at 44,1000. Now with that said, having multiple instances of the plugin running with the full Red Strat instrument could be problematic. There are LOTS of instruments that are a lot smaller, but ST4 should not consume anywhere near 8GB "on start up". That has not been my experience. I'm running the plugin on Studio One 4.

Thanks- Dave
dlgebert

Postby silver-machine » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi
I totally agree with all of you as I am playing the waiting game for all the beta testers to to finish their work.
Thre is too many people with problems and a week or two waiting Is not going to upset me as i am getting on with my music. If not I'm practicing. :D
All of this is a annoying as three months have past to finally get the program that is not 100%.

All the best
John

Ps I would recomment 12 gig of ram at least these days, good graphics card and motherboard.
Also it says you need open GL graphics card and you can check yours online.
Graphics cards can cause a certain amount of problems. I am not a techy but have checked my Nvidia card out.
Make sure all your computer drivers are up to date. Then have a moan if not right.
silver-machine

Postby SKmultimediaST@ » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:09 pm

So when is the usb going to be released, and will it be free from all of the problems that many (download) users are experiencing with corrupted data? Seems like there are a lot of issues out there.
SKmultimediaST@

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:12 pm

To reiterate this list because I'm sorry to put it this way but the sky is not falling, SampleTank 4 is not a totally broken product as some seem to be implying (or stating directly) above. Note I posted this earlier - about half of the list were global issues, many were fixed already or shortly after, and the other half were either a few (or even only 1!) user reporting them.
Peter_IK wrote:Here is a list and status of current issues:

1. Four corrupted sound download ZIP/DMG files [replaced this morning, notated with "b" for users who already had downloaded the previous versions)
  2. Triple listing of certain instruments [will be resolved soon in update 4.0.2]
  3. Imported/Legacy instruments' location [adding new set of icons to clarify differentiation between ST4/ST3 imports and also modifying their placement within the interface to be more clear]
  4. Odd fonts issue [identified bug in the framework used, will implement a workaround until framework bug is fixed (it was also identified by other developers using this framework]
  5. Resizing issues [Must be done via handle on bottom left corner, and also must have a display size that will support resizing larger and note that VST2 does not support this feature]
  6. Multis location [Upcoming sound library updater will move factory multis to a better location and generally resolve this issue]
  7. "Installation Aborted" on Mac OS [under review and should be resolved in the near future]
  8. Crashing [these are being assessed as reported, and will be resolved directly in these cases]
  9. Strummer presets not visible at first [please work directly with IK Support as they should be able to resolve this directly in the cases where this occurs]

Version 4.0.2 will be completed and tested soon, I'd expect its release within a couple of days max.

Generally, the download and installation process suggestions are all heard and being reviewed as a continuation of internal discussions that were already ongoing about these processes.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More