IK Product Manager keeps stopping download

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: IK Product Manager keeps stopping download

Postby Trilian75 » Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:22 pm

Same problem I installed all the my stuff through Ik manager without any problem until I get to sounds downloads they all get stuck at please wait. My OCD won't allow me to download them one at a time from the Ik website I get them mixed up every time, its 14 downloads for each piano. Submitted to support.
Trilian75

Postby RBoncore » Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:49 am

I'm having the same problem. Been trying to download since Thursday and it's been a nightmare for almost every sound library
RBoncore

Postby dsgbass » Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:29 pm

Reposting this response from IK support in case it helps anyone. I continue to have issues with downloads:

Are you using a cloud service (Ex. Microsoft One Drive) to back-up your Documents folder?
If so, try removing your IK Multimedia folder and any sub folders from the sync and then restarting your system before trying again.

Does your system have full access to the currently selected Download location?
This location is set and can be found in the Preferences of the IK Product Manager. Check to make sure you have the proper permissions to read/write to this location. If this is an external drive, make sure it's connected and recognized by your system.
*If you are using a Firewall, Anti-virus, or VPN try to temporarily disable these for the IK Product Manager as well as your Download path set in the IK Product Manager.

If you've tried the above solutions and still have the same issue, load the IK Product Manager and Click the Gear button. Inside this menu, click Browse to set your Download location. Using this menu, create a new folder on your main Drive C:// (The drive where your Operating System is installed). Use a recognizable name when creating this folder, like "IK Temp" and then select this folder. Once complete, close/reopen the IK Product Manager and let us know if this helps.

So, I installed the SampleTank Max factory libraries manually from the individual installers. Yes, it's 64 files. The IKPM seems to work sometimes for the other add-on instruments. If you want to pick and choose what gets installed, this might be a workaround.

One other tip, for some of the libraries I downloaded directly from My Products using a browser, I moved the sound content zip files to the appropriate product folder in the C:\Users\(username)\Downloads\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager directory structure. If the zip files are pre-loaded in the expected locations, IKPM will install/reinstall without downloading the files again.

These workarounds are admittedly tedious and shouldn't be necessary. I hope these download issues are resolved soon.
dsgbass

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:41 pm

Those workarounds are not typically required. You'll see people posting issues in forums and such but you won't see the thousands that are downloading quickly and easily (we have users who test from multiple global locations to make sure the CDN is working properly). If you continue to work with support they will assist you to get you up and running.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More