Some Syntronik sample sets stop playing

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Some Syntronik sample sets stop playing

Postby Steve-xyz » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:35 pm

lguapo wrote:I've purchased some Syntronik instruments, and some sample sets don't always play. There seems to be two cases (not sure if they're related).

The first is when using legato. Some sample sets will just randomly stop playing until the legato is "reset."

The other is that some samples in some sample sets will sometimes not play on the first trigger for a note:

lguapo wrote:@Steve-xyz Any chance you were also able to reproduce the other issue where samples for some notes don't play at all on the first trigger for that note?

dqueffeulou wrote:Hi, just to say that I have the same problem with Syntronik 2 : some notes don't play the first time for some sample set.
Example : M12 PW Sweep Wav 1

Apologies. I just looked at the first issue and never looked into the second issue. I got "distracted" by working on my own musical goals. ;-)

Briefly, I just did a simple test. Started with PizziTaco and set Osc1 and Osc2 to M12 PW Sweep Wav 1. Then I continued to press a single note repeatedly, gradually getting faster to try to listen for "misfires." I didn't hear any. But, I did notice that every so often the graphic displays (Filter,Amp Env, Zone LFO1) stalled. Not 100% sure, but it seemed like all 3 stalled at the same time. Not sure if that is meaningful in terms of misfired notes, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

I can try again. Maybe there is a particular patch or set of parameters (or parameter settings) that seems to have misfires more than others.
Steve-xyz

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:46 am

So, I just tweaked the test patch. Turned off all effects, put M12 PW Sweep Wav 1 on Osc1 to Osc4 (all on), shortened the decay, and a few other things to listen for missing triggers. I tried a single note, rapid 2 and 3 note patterns, different octaves, etc. No misfires.

Then I decided to press a single note rapidly alternating between two fingers. Some did not trigger!!!! Or perhaps I should say some did not retrigger. It almost sounds as if the missing trigger happens when an existing note is still sounding.

Not sure this is helpful. I was doing all this manually. When I have some time, I will see if I can recreate the misfires with software playing the notes.
Steve-xyz

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:50 am

Steve-xyz wrote:When I have some time, I will see if I can recreate the misfires with software playing the notes.

Easy Peasy to record in DAW and reproduce the misfired (untriggered notes). I will double check the note durations against the start of the misfires. If there is any overlap, I will shave off ticks to hear if the notes get triggered (as opposed to retriggered).

Well, after quantizing note start times and leaving the durations alone, I think what I originally heard was an auditory illusion. Perhaps due to the overlapping envelopes, it sounded like I heard a missing note and I hesitated ever so slightly before playing the next note.

I tried.
Steve-xyz

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:53 pm

^^^^
Maybe you can send a MIDI file showing the problem off to Support? And let them know what DAW you are using.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lguapo » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:25 am

I recently installed the latest (v2.1.1) on a Mac, and this still happens. I'm not sure there are any options left but to give up on this product.
lguapo

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:01 pm

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
Maybe you can send a MIDI file showing the problem off to Support? And let them know what DAW you are using.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lguapo » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:17 pm

Peter_IK wrote:

I've done that. Numerous times. They never respond with anything other than automated messages. I even sent them videos demonstrating the issue along with clear instructions to repro, which you can see in the first post of this thread.
lguapo

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:34 pm

lguapo wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

I've done that. Numerous times. They never respond with anything other than automated messages. I even sent them videos demonstrating the issue along with clear instructions to repro, which you can see in the first post of this thread.

The messages aren't automated, a real person is answering you. If the suggestions aren't working please reply and tell them so and they will continue to assist you. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lguapo » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:28 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The messages aren't automated, a real person is answering you. If the suggestions aren't working please reply and tell them so and they will continue to assist you. Thank you.

Thank you for your response. Here is the content of the messages I've received from IK Multimedia support:

IK Multimedia Support wrote:Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

We have contacted our team about your situation.

Please stand by.

While I'm delighted to learn that each of these identical messages has been typed by someone at IK Multimedia just for me, I'm failing to see any suggestion here; certainly nothing actionable by me.
lguapo

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:18 pm

That means they would have relayed your issue to the devs, most likely. You can respond to that or any other reply at any time for a status. Nobody here will be able to provide that. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More