Is there a way to import backed up sounds into IK P-Manager?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Is there a way to import backed up sounds into IK P-Mana

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:47 pm

This is not an official support forum.

Moderators here have no special access to Support. The IK staff here do, but:
-- that would just be anther link in the chain to Support,
-- relaying user issues could introduce misinterpretation,
-- there would be no direct path from Support back to the user.
Users contacting Support directly is the best path.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Is there a way to import backed up sounds into IK P-Mana

Postby David-san-007 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:04 pm

I spent two hours next to my PC for installing one by one all my sounds archives. Nothing automatic at all, many, many time the same thing to do, the same directory to choose, trying not to forget one single sound archive… I am pretty sure I missed some, that’s too boring to do to be concentrated all the time. But I did it. My band mates don’t wouldn’t understand any longer than after two weeks, my IK sound are still not installed.

In my new computer I installed flawlessly many, many plugins… NI Komplete, no problem, Arturia V Collection, no problem, my Melda Connection, no problem, many others, po problem… I had a faulty Spectrasonics USB drive install support, their support answered my help request the same day with a download link. It worked flawlessly and THEY came back to me to check If everything went OK to me. Top!

Regarding, IK a complete different story, unfortunately. Miroslav Philarmonik 2 doesn’t install with the latest version, you have to install an older version first. I found the solution on this forum, while I couldn’t post a support ticket as the support form or the server behind where faulty at the time I tried to post my request… A night mare to install the sounds archive following the procedure in the IK Product Manager manual (still doesn’t work). Several mails (six I think) with the unhelpful IK support. Aas a software engineer, I think I understood much from the explanation I got, but nothing helped and they stopped the discussion before finding a solution. Very very disappointed by the IK support!

I am still waiting for an answer from @Huddy_IK, but as I said, in the meantime I tried to install all my sounds trying not to forget one, which is not sure, given the process to install everything by hand.

But, anyway, thanks for your help.
David-san-007

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More