IK Product Manager - Some sounds won't install

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

IK Product Manager - Some sounds won't install

Postby steven77g » Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:00 am

I bought SampleTank 4 Max v2.

In IK Product Manager, some of the sounds are listed as 0 bytes and won't install. Bionic Drums is one of them. Attempting to install one results in a permanent "Install starting, please wait...".

steven77g

Re: IK Product Manager - Some sounds won't install

Postby evoos2020 » Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:08 am

I have the same problem.
evoos2020

Postby ComboPlusMoons » Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:56 pm

I'm also getting this, but for SampleTron 2. It does show the download size as 7.4GB, but when I try to install it, it just gets stuck on "install starting, please wait" and if I refresh, it's like it never even tried. I've tried without success:
  • adding the manager as an exception to my firewall
  • adding an exception to my antivirus
  • turning my antivirus off temporarily
  • downloading/installing to different folders
  • ending various processes like codemeter
  • reinstalling the product manager
  • clearing the download cache
  • logging out of the manager and back in
  • running the product manager as administrator
  • just leaving it for a long time
I've got the version of MAX v2 that came with the recent humble bundle if that matters.
ComboPlusMoons

Postby ageorge » Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:08 pm

I have the same problem with sampletank sounds waiting for ages and nothing happened.
ageorge

Postby def666 » Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:20 pm

Same issue here...
def666

Postby Unholyeyebrows149 » Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:20 pm

Same issue here, also with MAX V2 from the Humble Bundle. A lot of sound bundles stuck stating "Install starting, please wait...."
Unholyeyebrows149

Postby Unholyeyebrows149 » Sun Oct 20, 2024 5:21 pm

I was able to get most to install after I went to the Account icon in Product Manager (top right corner) and clicked "Clear Download Cache".

I now just have two which are still refusing to install with "Install starting, please wait...."

Sampletron 2
The Code Volume 2
Unholyeyebrows149

Postby Unholyeyebrows149 » Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:26 am

Just to conclude my investigation in case it helps others, I do not believe the Sampletron 2 and The Code Volume 2 are included in the Humble Bundle (checking https://www.humblebundle.com/software/ik-pro-sound-suite-software?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_2_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_ikprosoundsuite_softwarebundle confirms this). Slightly confused why these appear then in my IK Multimedia product manager but I'm assuming that since I do not own the livccense for these that's likely why they are not installing.

As per my previous post, clearing the download cache helped solve the issue with my other sound packs not installing.
Unholyeyebrows149

Postby parapentep70 » Mon Oct 21, 2024 2:57 pm

Unholyeyebrows149 wrote:Just to conclude my investigation in case it helps others, I do not believe the Sampletron 2 and The Code Volume 2 are included in the Humble Bundle (checking https://www.humblebundle.com/software/ik-pro-sound-suite-software?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_2_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_ikprosoundsuite_softwarebundle confirms this). Slightly confused why these appear then in my IK Multimedia product manager but I'm assuming that since I do not own the livccense for these that's likely why they are not installing.

As per my previous post, clearing the download cache helped solve the issue with my other sound packs not installing.

If you click on THIS page in the first item (Sampletank 4 Max V2) it clearly says it IS included. The same for some other goods like Mirloslav (full, not CE). I had a similar problem figuring out what I actually bought.

I am having the same issue, "The Code 2" (0 bytes) and "SampleTron 2" (7.4GB) don't install. The rest installed relatively good (I had a problem moving SampleTank3 contents to my custom location, I had to investigate a bit to fix).

There is a minor exception: Product manager insists on me updating "Syntronic 2 SAM" (7.6GB). Everything looks good (automatically downloads files, installs, updates, reports everything OK)... and then next time it is again to be updated.

It's also my 1st experience with IK multimedia, and I bought it from Humble Bundle... Mainly for the SampleTron 2!!!
parapentep70

Postby Unholyeyebrows149 » Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:55 pm

That's useful. I have just raised a support ticket with IK Multimedia specifically about the Humble Bundle purchase. I suggest others affected should do the same.

Regarding Miroslav 2 (full) this has appeared in my Miroslav plugin alongside CE but with a padlock. When I try to authorize it I get told my internet connection isn't working. I guess the recent 1Tb download of all the samples has worn it out!!

I'll report back when I hear from IK support.
Unholyeyebrows149

Postby TRHoffendjr707 » Wed Oct 23, 2024 12:30 am

I am having similar issues with the same products listed as included in the Humble Bundle (SampleTron and Code 2). My primary concern is SampleTron, which I also wanted to have. I own the other two major Mellotron software offerings out on the market along with some add-on "tapes" expansions and wanted to compare and play with SampleTron.

Another oddity is that some sound products installed themselves with me choosing them specifically (a couple of drum libraries and Miroslav 2 CE). I did install the full SampleTank 4 Max library, so maybe they got installed with that by default.

I had Syntronik 2 installed already (I think Max - it was a deal from APD or VSTBuzz before the latter went out of business). Sheesh this is a lot of content.
TRHoffendjr707

Postby bobbybland » Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:15 pm

Same thing happening here today. I can see I own it in IK Product Manager, but cannot get the download to start. Nor can I access it from the website. IK really needs to start getting some answers out to their customers.
bobbybland

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 23, 2024 7:04 pm

bobbybland wrote:Same thing happening here today. I can see I own it in IK Product Manager, but cannot get the download to start. Nor can I access it from the website. IK really needs to start getting some answers out to their customers.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Have you reported your issue to IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw ? They will be able to assist you directly and officially. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bobbybland » Wed Oct 23, 2024 7:39 pm

Hi Peter IK ,

Tech support reached out to me, thanks.
bobbybland

Postby evoos2020 » Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:08 pm

How long are support reply times? I'm waiting since Sunday.

[Mod redacted - unnecessary and please review the rules when posting. IK Support will assist you via the ticketing system]
evoos2020

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More