Syntronik 2 instruments vs syntronik 1

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 instruments vs syntronik 1

Postby anilnc » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:11 am

Hi

I have syntronik v1 deluxe, so all the syntronik instruments (synths) are installed.

If I buy syntronik 2 synths with current group buy offer,

1. Will I also receive syntronik 2 engine or should purchase it separate or can use the new synths with syntronik 1?

2. Are the synths that were included with syntronik 1 deluxe, such as 99, blau, etc will be any different from existing installed one's? Mainly assuming I'll not have syntronik 2 engine.

Looking for someone to guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Anil
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Re: Syntronik 2 instruments vs syntronik 1

Postby TheAndyMac » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:43 am

I have exactly the same question - what is the difference between the Syntronik2 versions of the Classic Instruments and the original Syntronik (1) versions that I have as part of Syntronik Deluxe and which are recognised in Syntronik 2.
TheAndyMac

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:43 am

Disclaimer: back in February I asked Support for clarification, but I have not yet received a full explanation - investigation is continuing. So this is my interpretation.
------------------------------------

• Syntronik 2 ("Syn2") includes all 22 of the "Generation 1" synths from Syntronik (1) Deluxe and all of their presets (about 2,700).
  • The Syn2 software includes an embedded Syn1 engine to handle these synth presets.
  • But they cannot be edited on the Syn2 Edit page.
  • All 71 Syn2 FX are available for these presets.
  • The Syn2 library includes some "Generation 2" presets for these 22 synths (about 1,500).
  • These can be edited on the Syn2 Edit page.

If you buy one or more of the 11 new Syn2 synths you will need to install the Syn2 Custom Shop edition to use them. Syn2 CS includes over 100 "Generation 2" synth presets too. Those new Syn2 synths will not load in Syn1.

The 22 synths and their presets that are in Syn1 Deluxe are the same in Syn2. Some new presets have been added for those synths. For Syn2 CS, you would add the SampleTank 3 library (or wherever you installed the Syn1 sounds) to Syn2's Settings > Library.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:40 pm

I verified with our Testing Manager that the group buy synths are all V2 synths, so you get all of the instruments for the particular model/synth (factory content for both V1 and V2 versions), which includes the Tracks (Oscillator) options in the EDIT page.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby anilnc » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:55 pm

Thank you Darkstar.

So I think better no need to participate in the group buy right?
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
anilnc

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:10 pm

See my message. You'd get the V2 versions of the synths.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby anilnc » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:35 pm

Hi Peter,

Sorry, guess it didn't update your reply in my browser. Thanks for confirmation.

So the 99, blau etc are updated versions to work with syn2?

The group buy doesn't include Syn2 software right? In this case all the synths that we get with group buy should be used in syntronik 2 CS version, which is only like player and can't edit right?
anilnc

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:37 pm

Peter_IK wrote:See my message. You'd get the V2 versions of the synths.

Could someone elaborate on exactly what the difference would be between a V1 Synth and upgrading to a V2 Synth ? Will the V1 synths remain the same, just have the ability to be played through the V2 GUI ? Not sure if it's worthwhile to purchase the 'old' synths again if they will remain the same.

And will there be an 'official' Group Buy thread for this GB, as there was for the last mega GB so we can keep track and discuss as the GB progresses ?
Musical.Alchemy

Postby anilnc » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:39 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:Will the V1 synths remain the same, just have the ability to be played through the V2 GUI ?

I got same doubt. And I guess it is the only difference but if you have syntronik 2 you may use the new features.
anilnc

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:35 pm

anilnc wrote:
Musical.Alchemy wrote:Will the V1 synths remain the same, just have the ability to be played through the V2 GUI ?

I got same doubt. And I guess it is the only difference but if you have syntronik 2 you may use the new features.

Or if you get the V2 version of your V1 synth in this group buy. $/€49.99 and when word is spread and it goes all the way, that would be 33 synths for that low price.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:02 pm

Maybe it is just terminology but I do not know what a "V2 synth" is.

Let's take Blau as an example:
-- it is available in Syntronik 1,
-- and has 90 presets,
-- these can be loaded in Syn2, but do not give access to the Edit page.

-- it is also available in Syntronik 2,
-- there it has 150 presets,
-- my understanding is that these are the 90 original presets and 60 new ones,
-- and that only those 60 do allow access to the Syn2 Edit page.

Now, if I go to the GB page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/syntronik2gb/, scroll down to the Qualifying Products, then to the one named "Syntronik 2 - Blau" and click on the image, that takes me to this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/synblau/ which states that it has 90 instrument presets.

As another example, Memory-V in Syntronik 1 has 148 presets; in Syn2 it has 220 (so 72 new ones). As a GB Qualifying product, https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/synmemoryv/ it is listed as 148 instrument presets.

On that basis, it seems to me that those 22 synths are Qualifying Products but you only get the original (Syn 1) presets, not the additional ones provided for those synths in Syn2.

But I could be wrong.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:12 pm

anilnc wrote:Hi Peter,

So the 99, blau etc are updated versions to work with syn2?

The group buy doesn't include Syn2 software right? In this case all the synths that we get with group buy should be used in syntronik 2 CS version, which is only like player and can't edit right?

Again my understanding:

The Syn2 software (including the free Syn2 Custom Shop edition) includes an embedded (hidden) Syn1 engine. The Syn2 software will play all the presets for the 33 synths.

Yes you would use Syn2 CS. The presets that were provided for Syn1 Deluxe (and with the 22 "Classic " synths) will use the embedded Syn1 engine, but will not provide access to the Syn2 Edit page. The presets provided with the 11 new synths use the Syn 2 engine and do provide access to the Edit page.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:02 pm

V1 and V2 btw is short for Version 1 or Version 2. I got that from Peter
"Or if you get the V2 version of your V1 synth in this group buy. $/€49.99 and when word is spread and it goes all the way, that would be 33 synths for that low price"

Thank you for responding DarkStar. However what you wrote was very confusing and didn't make sense.

1. You're saying V2 Blau- "it is also available in Syntronik 2, there it has 150 presets".
Presumably 90 + 60. 90 V1 presets which can't be edited and 60 V2 which can be edited. For a total of 150 presets.

2. Then you say V2 Blau only has 90 presets. "then to the one named "Syntronik 2 - Blau" and click on the image, that takes me to this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/synblau/ which states that it has 90 instrument presets"

3. So does Blau V2 have 90 presets or does it have 150 presets ? And are any of these editable in the V2 GUI ?

4. It doesn't make much sense for those of us who already have V1 Synths to buy them again if there is no difference. I hope you can see where the confusion lies.

Thanks, MA

DarkStar wrote:Maybe it is just terminology but I do not know what a "V2 synth" is.

Let's take Blau as an example:
-- it is available in Syntronik 1,
-- and has 90 presets,
-- these can be loaded in Syn2, but do not give access to the Edit page.

-- it is also available in Syntronik 2,
-- there it has 150 presets,
-- my understanding is that these are the 90 original presets and 60 new ones,
-- and that only those 60 do allow access to the Syn2 Edit page.

Now, if I go to the GB page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/syntronik2gb/, scroll down to the Qualifying Products, then to the one named "Syntronik 2 - Blau" and click on the image, that takes me to this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/synblau/ which states that it has 90 instrument presets.

As another example, Memory-V in Syntronik 1 has 148 presets; in Syn2 it has 220 (so 72 new ones). As a GB Qualifying product, https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/synmemoryv/ it is listed as 148 instrument presets.

On that basis, it seems to me that those 22 synths are Qualifying Products but you only get the original (Syn 1) presets, not the additional ones provided for those synths in Syn2.

But I could be wrong.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:07 pm

Yes it is confusing; that's why I picked a specific example. And your interpretation is the same as mine.

Maybe someone who has bought or got Blau in the GB can give us the exact number of presets and whether they can be edited of the Syn2 Edit page.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:17 pm

These are v2 synths (all 33) so you wouldn't have restrictions in editing, etc.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More