SampleTank4: Topic to report minor sampling issues

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank4: Topic to report minor sampling issues

Postby jim-adams » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:39 am

This topic may be a place for users to report slightly noisy samples or other recording issues. Hopefully IKM can update/fix those samples in future update.

1973 Stage EP Dyno Tines - snare rattle sound on B just below middle C. Velocity~110. This one is pretty darned obvious, and surprised to find it. Unless/until fixed, this noisy key will keep me away from this otherwise great instrument.
jim-adams

Re: SampleTank4: Topic to report minor sampling issues

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:04 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), and to make sure that Technical Support are advised and can investigate / fix.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jim-adams » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:11 pm

Issue reported. I thought perhaps nice to have pool of reported issues in user-forum, so users can be aware, and avoid redundantly-reporting known issues.
jim-adams

Postby cfcboc » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:59 pm

I agree with Jim-adams....

I see little value in reporting the same sampling issue to IKM support multiple times. It both ties up the support staff in responding AND takes away their valuable time in diagnosing and resolving more pressing user issues.

My vote is to keep a thread open where sampling issues can be noted. The IKM staff can periodically check if users have filed support requests for all the issues noted (which IMHO makes no sense, as the support request will be the same text as the forum post. It would be simpler to have an IKM support staffer simply add a Replay note linked to the user post on the issue.
I-7 16Gb PC Win10-64bit 2Tb hard drives(3)
Bandlab Cakewalk (formerly Sonar Platinum), BIAB 20xx, Cantabile 3,
Kontakt5, SampleTank 2,3 & 4, VB3, Many Waves, iZotope, NI products
cfcboc

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:16 pm

IK Support uses a trackable system which they use to assess, verify/recreate, and they send any appropriate issues directly to the devs via a bugtracking system. This is the best way to keep things tracked via an internal system. Otherwise, posting on a user-to-user discussion forum is good to discuss with other users, it is not effective for solid issue tracking.

Please report technical issues to the support team and they will assist more effectively directly as noted above.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More