Miroslav Philharmonik 2 - controller setup in Reaper

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 - controller setup in Reaper

Postby sideshowbob88 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi all,

I have a newbie question for you. Is anyone using Reaper with Miroslav Philharmonik 2?

If so how do you setup a controller keyboard to trigger the sounds?

At the moment I have sound and can use the on screen keyboard but I get nothing when trying to use my controller.

All my other VST plugins have worked fine without any controller setup so I'm a bit lost!

Thanks in advance for any advice.
sideshowbob88

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 - controller setup in Reaper

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Please have a look at the check-lists in section 3.40 of the Reaper User Guide.

If your other VSTi plug-ins can be played OK from your keyboard, then MP2 should be OK, too. Double-check the MIDI channel for the notes sent by the keyboard and make sure that you instrument in MP2 is set to that channel.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 - controller setup in Reaper

Postby sideshowbob88 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:37 pm

DarkStar wrote:Please have a look at the check-lists in section 3.40 of the Reaper User Guide.

If your other VSTi plug-ins can be played OK from your keyboard, then MP2 should be OK, too. Double-check the MIDI channel for the notes sent by the keyboard and make sure that you instrument in MP2 is set to that channel.

Thanks DarkStar.

While trying to fix the issue I took Reaper out of scenario and tried MP2 as standalone. Same issue - setup the audio / midi to my hardware - I have sound and the on screen keyboard works but not my controller!

Good news though - did a factory reset of my midi controller and rebooted. Now my midi controller works to trigger MP2 in Reaper :mrgreen:

Out of curiosity I checked if it was also now working as standalone but it is not :roll:
Getting it working with Reaper was my goal though so all good for now.

Cheers
sideshowbob88

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More