Sampletank 4 dll crush on Fl Studio and Ableton

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Sampletank 4 dll crush on Fl Studio and Ableton

Postby santhonyw » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:47 pm

I’m here to confirm issues with Sampletank 4 crashing in FL Studio and Ableton as well. I’m also using Windows 10. I already have a support ticket open, so I’ll mention it in that ticket.
santhonyw

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:54 pm

This may have to do with installation in a non-default location. Support can walk you through resolving that and it should be fixed in an upcoming update overall. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Colinsalubre » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:55 pm

I don't know if it can help but it has also crashed in Studio One for me.
When I launched it, I had installed many sounds and I think SampleTank hasn't been able to rebuild the sound library from the DAW.
So, I have launched the standalone version and then asked for the library to be rebuilt.
Once that done, I've closed the standalone version and launched my DAW and launched the VST.
No crash after that "treatment".
Hope it will help... ;)
Colinsalubre

Postby leobvar » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:11 pm

I´m using FL Studio 20 and Windows 10, and after several times of trying to fix the crash, i installed the standalone and the dll, in my primary 64 bit vst folder, vst3 in the default vst3 folder, and it works! the pak file and the dll has to be in the same folder. Hope you can solve it!
leobvar

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:39 pm

^^^
That sounds odd to me.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:00 pm

DarkStar wrote:^^^
That sounds odd to me.

There was an issue for some with non-default install locations of the plugin/standalone. However this will be fixed in 4.0.2 and I will update the status post when that is available.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:02 pm

This was the bit that confused me:
"i installed the standalone and the dll, in my primary 64 bit vst folder"
That is not something that I would do.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bluesplayer » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:33 pm

Well not quite, and not to argue with you, but I have the ENTIRE IK catalog (ST 2 & 3, Syntronik, AmpliTube 3 & 4, Miro Phil. Harm. 1 & 2, the older Total Studio 3, the newer Total Studio 2 MAX, all of T-racks, I won 100% of the IK SW catalog) installed and run from my physical D drive, and no not using MKLINK, other "trickier" or hacks. Everything was simply installed on D: and it all runs fine from there under Win XP, Win 7 and now Win 10.

ST 4 is the first, and only IK product to date, at least for me, that requires this file and path on my C drive.

As mentioned I did report it to IK on a ticket as an "issue" IK MM may, or my not, modify the VST's to look to installed path and not assumed default path; however, in my case, immaterial - I've already "corrected" the nuisance and moved on.
bluesplayer

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:52 pm

No arguing necessary. The 4.0.2 update and sound library updaters (which should be run first) are now available and should fix these issues. The main SampleTank 4 thread and the read-only status thread at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20719 have already been updated with this information.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More