iRig HD 2 and SampleTank

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

iRig HD 2 and SampleTank

Postby Kinketsu » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:47 am

I saw this fine print regarding SampleTank 4 SE:

Previous versions: Any customer who purchases or receives any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release.

I purchased an iRig HD 2 in December. My list of products in the user area indicates Sample Tank 3 Custom Shop, but I'm not sure that version is relevant regarding the above paragraph.

Can anyone clarify, will iRig HD 2 purchases in December receive a free ST4 SE? Or do I have to buy an upgrade to ST4 or ST4 Max to benefit from the iRig purchase?

Thanks,
K
Kinketsu

Re: iRig HD 2 and SampleTank

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:49 am

SampleTank 3 Custom Shop is the free version that is available to anybody registering an IK account. You do not get a bundled version of SampleTank with iRig HD 2. You can see what is included at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... php?p=apps

You would qualify for the upgrade pricing, though, as your iRig HD 2 is a product worth 99.99 or more.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Kinketsu » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:04 am

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your clear and prompt response.

Do you happen to know... Does this upgrade pricing last until ST4 release? Maybe even after release? The way it's been expressed in a couple of places made it sound like it was going to vanish at end of 2018, but if my user area is accurate, it's still available today in 2019.

I'm a bit hesitant because, to be honest, it's not at all clear what exactly is included in the various versions of ST4.

Thanks again,
K
Kinketsu

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:32 am

Kinketsu wrote:Hi Peter,

Thanks for your clear and prompt response.

Do you happen to know... Does this upgrade pricing last until ST4 release? Maybe even after release? The way it's been expressed in a couple of places made it sound like it was going to vanish at end of 2018, but if my user area is accurate, it's still available today in 2019.

I'm a bit hesitant because, to be honest, it's not at all clear what exactly is included in the various versions of ST4.

Thanks again,
K

There have been requests for an extension but at this time we don't have official news to share. However, the special pre-order pricing is in effect since the offices are closed so you can get it for that now. We will likely have more information during the rest of this week as the US and Italian offices open.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Kinketsu » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:44 am

Hi Peter,

OK, thanks, that possibility had occurred to me. I want to think about it further and so I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed that there's an extension. (An extension would seem to be a logical thing to do.)

K
Kinketsu

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More