MIDI Learn Problem in Logic Pro X 10.4?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

MIDI Learn Problem in Logic Pro X 10.4?

Postby martinbaker2727 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:03 am

I've recently added a brand new SSD to my Mac Pro tower and used the opportunity to do a fresh installation of all my music software including the new version of Logic 10.4.
All is fine and dandy apart from MIDI Learn.
I've a few knobbly synths (Prophet 12, Rev2 & Studiologic Sledge and I wanted to be able to map the knobs of those synths to control the plugins I use in Logic.
The problem is it doesn't seem to work properly.
For example, if I create a new song in Logic from a new empty template add an instance of the ES1 synth, press Command & L for MIDI learn.
Put it into expert view and create a 'zone' called Prophet 12.
Next in the mode column, create a 'mode' called ES1.
Now click the cutoff of the ES1 and click 'Learn' and you'll get prompted to assign a knob...so far so good.

However when done the control isn't saved to the ES2 mode or even to the Prophet 12 zone, but instead gets put in a 'Global Views' zone under a mode of 'None'???Grrrr!!!!
Is this just a bug in 10.4, or am I losing my marbles.?
As you can see in the video I already successfully assigned the ES2 synth just moments before.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Last edited by martinbaker2727 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
martinbaker2727

Re: MIDI Learn Problem in Logic Pro X 10.4?

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:09 pm

I'm confused.

What has this to do with SampleTank 3? Isn't it a Logic issue?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More