ST3 a resource hog?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST3 a resource hog?

Postby ski88keys » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:58 pm

Just throwing this out there. Does anyone notice that ST3 as a plug-in is a resource hog? I use Studio One 3 and Cantabile 3, and the moment I add ST3 with say, a Piano, the resources start to get sucked up quick. I do understand the sheer size of ST3, but Kontakt does not eat the resources he same. Is there anything that can be improved from the developers which can I,prove this? More of a question than a complaint. Although it would help if ST pulled less on resources.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Re: ST3 a resource hog?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:54 pm

In the case of the piano (or most/any pianos in SampleTank 3) please check out what effects are enabled. They would be the likely culprit, as the sounds themselves load into RAM.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Peter, thx for the quick reply. I just remember noticing that. In general, ST3 still does require a lot of resources. It, I will look I into the effects to see if that is the culprit on the other sounds too. Effects are are a great aspect of ST3, but in this case, maybe the culprit. :D
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:42 am

No problem. And I didn't mean it to sound like that might be the ONLY thing causing resource issues but it may be a good place to start looking. At least for a kind of workaround, if there is something that needs to be optimized beyond that.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More