MODO Bass + SampleTank 3...Why Not?!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

MODO Bass + SampleTank 3...Why Not?!

Postby jujumedia » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:29 am

Recently purchased MODO Bass 1.5 and I have the free ST3 with the free Syntronik Virtual Synth.

My question is why can't I open and use MODO in ST3 just like I can with Syntronik?

This would be a great consolidation of everything I use in one place, ST3, plus it would be an incentive for me to upgrade from free ST3 to the full ST3 version[hint, hint] ;)
jujumedia

Re: MODO Bass + SampleTank 3...Why Not?!

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:44 am

They are completely different products,in musical, conceptual, functional and software terms. I cannot see how they could be bolted together and still keep all the functionality.

PS The ST3 Custom Shop (the free one) will load instrument libraries, such as Syntronik. But Syntronik is sample-based with a fixed set of controls and "MODO BASS is the first technology of its kind that models the entire process of playing bass. Every component that contributes to the unique tonal properties of a bass player playing an instrument has been modeled,..."
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jujumedia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:27 am

They are completely different products,in musical, conceptual, functional and software terms. I cannot see how they could be bolted together and still keep all the functionality.

PS The ST3 Custom Shop (the free one) will load instrument libraries, such as Syntronik. But Syntronik is sample-based with a fixed set of controls and "MODO BASS is the first technology of its kind that models the entire process of playing bass. Every component that contributes to the unique tonal properties of a bass player playing an instrument has been modeled,..."

With all due respect, DAW's do this all the time, they take many different types of programs from many different vendors and allow them to be integrated into one work environment.

So from a programming POV I don't see an impossible or unacceptable task in integrating MODO BASS, Syntronik, or any other computer software made by IKM into their proprietary ST3. Also consider that ST3 already has components from every type of software products IKM already has i.e; effects, amps, tracks, etc.

I would really like to hear a reply from IKM on this. :D
jujumedia

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:24 am

This is a user to user forum but as far as IK responding, I too have a programming background and a knowledge of the underlying technology of MODO BASS and its physical modeling vs the sample-based and effects products and it is not trivial at all to combine SampleTank 3 and MODO BASS and honestly since you mention DAW software - we do not make DAW software but you can combine our plugins in a DAW environment in a logical fashion that mostly if not totally makes the combination on our side practically unnecessary.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More