Only 1 Option for Output Routing [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Only 1 Option for Output Routing [Resolved]

Postby gplea » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:26 pm

I wanted to use separate output pairs (1-16) on my Multi setup, however, for the Master Out it will only let me choose 1&2. What's up with that? I went to the new manual and it doesn't elaborate on how to "sum" all of those outs. :o :roll: I know this is possible, otherwise why offer 32 Outs.

HEP ME,
GPL
DAW: PreSonus Sphere. PreSonus Studio 1824C, & ATOM SQ, NI S88 MK1. MinisForum NAB6: 12 Gen i7-12650H, 32Gig RAM, 512Gig SSD, Win11Pro
gplea

Re: Only 1 Option for Output Routing

Postby DarkStar » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:35 pm

It seems sensible to me that the Master Output is always to outputs 1+2. That way, by default, the 16 instrument slots (outputting to 1+2) all go to the Master, where master FX can be applied before the combined, effected audio is output to the plug-ins output 1+2.

For separate outputs, each of the 16 instrument slots and the 4 Send / Return channels can be switched to any of the 16 output pairs of channels. The Master channel can then be forgotten (or used to added some more FX to any Instrument or Return switched to "1+2").

When you say "to "sum" all of those outs", what is it exactly that you want to do? If you want to combine the 16 outputs from St3 into one track in your host, that depends on the host. In Reaper, for example, I just put the 16 tracks into a folder. That way I can add third-party effects to each of the 16 outputs and to the combined output.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby gplea » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:23 pm

Thanks Darkstar,

My issue is that because the master ONLY monitors 1&2 (or at least that's what appears to be happening), and I can't monitor any of the other pairs, so I don't understand how the host is going to hear any of those other pairs.
DAW: PreSonus Sphere. PreSonus Studio 1824C, & ATOM SQ, NI S88 MK1. MinisForum NAB6: 12 Gen i7-12650H, 32Gig RAM, 512Gig SSD, Win11Pro
gplea

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:07 am

When you set ST3's Mixer channel outputs to 3+4 etc, the audio is sent to the corresponding outputs of the plug-in. To hear them you will need to set something up in your DAW host.

The method differs in every host (which one are you using?). In Reaper I just create all the output (audio) tracks for the plug-in and route the plug-in's output to them (this can be done with a few clicks.

Here is an example:

Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/cPrbx05.png

-- the Track Control Panels are to the left and the Track Mixer is at the bottom,
-- ST3 is on track 2 and its outputs are routed to the following 16 tracks (to channels 1+2 on each),
-- you can see (and I can hear!) the audio on tracks 3 to 6,
--I have set the ST3 track to show "multichannel metering"
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby gplea » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Thanks Darkstar,

I actually use Studio One 3.5, and Sonar Platinum.

Thanks,
George
gplea

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:33 pm

I don't use Studio One but I believe this is how you use Multitimbral/multi-output instruments in Studio One:

Go to the Mixer panel and click on the arrow next to SampleTank 3 then choose "Expand"

You'll see the outputs you can add there. Check those you want to add, and then you’ll see the extra outputs in the Studio One Mixer panel.

It may be better to get advice from the DAW maker or its users, though, as this is from memory.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gplea » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:35 pm

Thanks Peter. I just started using SO3.5 so wasn't familiar with that feature. Now if I could find the button that says this baby's solved.
gplea

Re: Only 1 Option for Output Routing [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Just edit the first post in the thread and edit the subject - I've already done it. :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More