Syntronik in Logic pro x [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik in Logic pro x [Resolved]

Postby MaartenMusic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:47 am

hi there!

I've got the full version off Syntronik. Very nice Synths! But.....

The controller assignments in logic to midi learn the syntronik does not work.
I hope someone can help me out. If i can't control Synronik in my daw with an external controller in logic Syntronik becomes useless for me. In standalone Syntronik communicates well with my controller.

Greetz Maarten
MaartenMusic

Re: Syntronik in Logic pro x

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:07 pm

The Syntronik plug-in does not have any plug-in parameters that are published to the host.

Automation is done using MIDI CC messages sent from the host (or keyboard controller), but first the target parameters need to be mapped to the appropriate MIDI CC numbers. Have a look at 4.7 in the User Manual.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby MaartenMusic » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:05 pm

Thank you Darkstar.

4.7 from the manual don't make things clear to me.
I know how to assign parameters to my controller using logic pro x. I've got
a lot of plugins and with all the plugins i can assign the parameters to my controllerknobs with midi-learn (right click on parameter of the plugin then midi learn). But with syntronik i can't. This has to be a bug! I don't understand that the midi-learn method does work when using Syntronik on his own, But don't work in my DAW!

I also use the logic pro x controller-assignments. But also no reaction in syntronik when
i turn knobs..
MaartenMusic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:14 pm

That is not the expected behavior, as DarkStar's suggestion should be correct. I would suggest contacting IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ if you have not done so already for official tech support with this issue you're experiencing. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:05 pm

MaartenMusic wrote:I know how to assign parameters to my controller using logic pro x. I've got a lot of plugins and with all the plugins i can assign the parameters to my controllerknobs with midi-learn (right click on parameter of the plugin then midi learn). But with syntronik i can't.

That works for your other plug-ins as the controls on the GUI (knobs, sliders, etc) are declared by the plug-in to the host DAW as plug-in parameters The DAW can then use its own MIDI Learn functionality to map a hardware controller knob to any of those parameters.

Syntronik does not declare any parameters to the DAW host so the DAW MIDI Learn cannot be used. Syntronik has its own MIDI Learn function as described in the User Manual.

For example, I loaded Syntronik and T-RackS 5 EQ-81 onto a track. This screenshot shows the parameters of each that the host can control by automation (note that the Bypass and Wet parameters are added by the host).
-----------------------
Having said that, I think that the lack of automatable parameters is poor. A mapping scheme such as that used in K****kt could be used so that, say, up to 256 GUI controls could be automated. And plug-in parameter automation can offer much better precision than MIDI CC control (which has only 128 step values).
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby MaartenMusic » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:08 pm

I like plugins because i can control the parameters with my midi-controller and also automate each parameter (cut-off, decay ,sustain, attack decay, pitch etc.)
I think its very strange Syntronik can't.

I've tried to use the syntronik's midi-learn in plugin-mode. Right click, then midi-learn, but when i move the knobs or fader of my midi controller nothing happens...

I think its time to contact the syntronik support.

Thank you for your knowledge and time Darkstar!
MaartenMusic

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:28 pm

^^^
You need to make sure that your DAW is sending the MIDI CC messages to Syntronik (in the same way as the DAW sends the MIDI notes to Syntronik?).
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby MaartenMusic » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:53 pm

sorry, you really don't understand the problem

When the syntronik plugin (in DAW), after clicking midi-learn, says move the control on your MIDI controller, the plugin gives no response when i move the knobs or faders on my midi controller.
In standalone (without DAW) i can assign all knobs and faders from syntronik to my midi-controller.
MaartenMusic

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:49 pm

OK, as you are sure that the MIDI CC messages from your hardware controller are being received by your DAW and passed to Syntronik, there must a problem elsewhere. Please contact IK Support here
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help.

And, to help out others with the same problem, please let us know how it gets resolved.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby MaartenMusic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:03 pm

Yes, I will. Thank you!
MaartenMusic

Postby MaartenMusic » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:03 pm

I've got the problem solved!
I found the solution in my midi controller. On my A500 Pro midi controller i can switch between 19 different Control Maps. I didn't know it was there, never had to use it with other plugins. Control Map 18 (Generic MIDI Controller) is the only
map that works with Syntronik. Now everything works, automation also.
MaartenMusic

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:46 am

Good oh :)

Looking at the Control Map Guide, the other Control Maps were causing the keyboard to send out different messages, primarily for use as a "Control Surface", integrated with a specific program. In particular Maps #4-8 could be used to control the transport and Solo (or Mute or Record) in Logic Pro.

But I am not sure why "In standalone Syntronik communicates well with my controller." as the same Control Map would have been used.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More