IK Product Manager - Some sounds won't install

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: IK Product Manager - Some sounds won't install

Postby bobbybland » Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:38 pm

I didn't have an issue getting support to contact me, but I have noticed something.
Our Humble Bundle, doesn't seem to reveal ALL the downloads for our bundle within our User Accounts.
Meaning it doesn't show we have individual licenses for Sampletron V2, Miroslav Full in our user accounts. Yet they are indeed in the Product Manager software.. This is a problem.
I've asked support to update my account.
bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Thu Oct 24, 2024 3:21 am

After getting so far with Tech Support, they have went silent.After they realized, it's not my cpu that has the issue, they've went quiet.

So I figured I'd ask the question here to see if anyone's heard any news regarding the Sampletron V2 and Miroslav Full Libraries working for our Humble Bundle ?

Has anyone heard of a fix from tech support regarding this issue where we cannot download these libraries correctly ? We're you able to get them installed?

Seems like they may need to update our accounts with Sampletank Max v2 licenses or something?
bobbybland

Postby parapentep70 » Thu Oct 24, 2024 11:25 am

Hi,

In same situation here. But I think I can offer a tiny bit of help:

Mirloslav 2 (full, not CE) contents are available inside SampleTank 4 application (!!). But not for Mirloslav application (I did not know there was a separate application).

I have the same issue with SampleTron2 and The Code 2. The other 112 sound packs do work. Both in Sampletank 4 MAX or in Syntronic 2

I downloaded "Custom Shop" software. I can see a clear inconsistency: In CS it looks like I do not have a license for SampleTron 2 or Mirloslav Full. However this is inconsistent because I am supposed to have bought Sampletank 4 MAX V2 (which includes these 2 products). And everything shows properly in Product Manager. Not in Custom Shop.

I sent a ticket to support, but no feedback about it.

To be clear I cannot install because... I cannot download.

Perhaps some suggestions in this forum thread might help you (at list you can find things that didn't work for others in the same situation):

https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... mt.155761/
parapentep70

Postby bobbybland » Thu Oct 24, 2024 1:19 pm

Hi,
Thanks for confirming, I was able to finally get Miroslav Full to download last night. So it's definitely something on their end that's causing this.
bobbybland

Postby jaaba101 » Thu Oct 24, 2024 1:34 pm

I am also one suffering from this and have opened a support ticket.

I have also noticed couple other oddities, I don't know if they are related.

1) some of the installed instruments have padlock over the icon in Sampletank 4. Still, if I use the search I can see the presets being available. I cannot de- and re-authorize the instruments since they are "sounds", not "software".
2) Many of the Syntronik presets are missing. So far I have solved this by reinstalling the sounds in Product Manager. A pain, but at least that seems to be working.
Edit: Well that seems to partially solve the 2). For example, by reinstalling Syner-V I got about 90 presets, but the product page is promising 213 presets. I don't know what to believe in this.
jaaba101

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 24, 2024 3:19 pm

^^^
For Syntronik, the number of presets listed on the individual synth product pages includes the various wavesets.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Unholyeyebrows149 » Thu Oct 24, 2024 3:43 pm

jaaba101 wrote:I am also one suffering from this and have opened a support ticket.

I have also noticed couple other oddities, I don't know if they are related.

1) some of the installed instruments have padlock over the icon in Sampletank 4. Still, if I use the search I can see the presets being available. I cannot de- and re-authorize the instruments since they are "sounds", not "software".
2) Many of the Syntronik presets are missing. So far I have solved this by reinstalling the sounds in Product Manager. A pain, but at least that seems to be working.
Edit: Well that seems to partially solve the 2). For example, by reinstalling Syner-V I got about 90 presets, but the product page is promising 213 presets. I don't know what to believe in this.

I can confirm my install of Syner V also has around 90 presets.
Unholyeyebrows149

Postby jaaba101 » Thu Oct 24, 2024 3:48 pm

DarkStar wrote:^^^
For Syntronik, the number of presets listed on the individual synth product pages includes the various wavesets.

Thanks @DarkStar, that explains it!
A newbie question: what are wavesets?
jaaba101

Postby jaaba101 » Thu Oct 24, 2024 3:49 pm

Unholyeyebrows149 wrote:I can confirm my install of Syner V also has around 90 presets.

Well then my reinstall solved it, thank you for the info.
jaaba101

Postby Unholyeyebrows149 » Fri Oct 25, 2024 7:42 am

Support have replied to me with the following instructions:

- Open the IK Product Manager
- Click the Gear symbol in the upper right-hand corner to enter the Settings menu
- Inside here, use the Browse button next to your Download Path to select a new path
- Once selected, close the Settings menu and retry your download

This has not worked for me. If this does help anyone else then give it a try.

I have replied to support and given them (again) this thread and asked them specifically to address the issues seen by other Humble Bundle users around installation of Sampletron 2, The Code Volume 2, and activating Miroslav Philharmonic 2.

I think this whole experience is a real shame - IK have likely gained a lot of new users via this Humble Bundle offer, which is an excellent deal. I've been a customer for a few years now and am a fan of IK but this experience is not giving me any confidence to purchase from them again. I suspect new users may be less impressed. Unfortunately if IK & Humble Bundle are unable to deliver the product as advertised then I cannot see how they have fulfilled the conditions of the sale.

I think we have defined the problem clearly enough here. Here's hoping for a speedy resolution (i.e., today would be nice) from IK.
Unholyeyebrows149

Postby rosemelody254 » Fri Oct 25, 2024 11:26 am

My post about this got locked and delegated to support, which i've already contacted, but this isn't an issue for customer support. This is a bug that someone at IK has to take the report of and pass on to the devs behind licensing so that it can be fixed in their systems.. This problem and many others being reported since the bundle came online can be traced to a single cause.

There is a problem with the way the humble bundle tier 4 license is being handled by the system. It activated some licenses but not others, and only in some places. For example, various products aren't showing up on the website account area, but are in IK product manager. and some are only showing in Custom Shop. Stuff is broken because of missing licenses across the system. SampleTron 2 won't install because the license is missing from the parts of the system that would make it show up in the user account area. Same with The Code, Miroslav, missing presets, and anything else that might be affected by this.

This is a bug that likely affects everyone who bought the bundle and you guys can't just delegate everyone who runs into this to customer support. This needs to be directly reported to the devs so that it can be fixed by those who have the power to change it. Customer support can't do anything about this.
rosemelody254

Postby bobbybland » Fri Oct 25, 2024 1:02 pm

I'm in the same situation,like many others ( plenty of forums,users having the same issue) and have been back and forth with IK Tech support, but this is not a tech support issue as you say.It's a licensing issue.

The humble bundle doesn't seem to work with everyone's accounts, which is why we have no access to certain downloads. I was able to get Miroslav downloaded, it's actually pretty good, and perfect for quick mock ups,and the Multi's are very useful.

The only download I need now,is Sampletron v2. The faster they resolve this, the faster this problem goes away. IK needs to update our accounts, ASAP !
bobbybland

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 25, 2024 6:09 pm

jaaba101 wrote:
DarkStar wrote:^^^

Thanks @DarkStar, that explains it!
A newbie question: what are wavesets?

have a look at the Syntronik User Manual section 5.2, especially 5.2.4
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More