Syntronic vs Syntronic 2 & Sound Libraries

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronic vs Syntronic 2 & Sound Libraries

Postby JoopJoop » Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:20 am

I did that with Miroslav, because the previous method did not work. Reinstalling is a bit time consuming as the instrument is big. What do you mean by "open it" to see if all content is there? Something like a text file?
JoopJoop

Postby rolandk1 » Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:40 pm

JoopJoop wrote:.... What do you mean by "open it" to see if all content is there? Something like a text file?

Unless you're on a mac, I think you might be out of luck. On the dmg file, I can open it up and see what the contents are in the folders before it gets installed. But for PC I don't recall seeing this. But I'm more a Mac guy, so there must be some way to "open" and exe file, or?
www.Rolandk.ca
Writer/Musician/Whistleblower.
Nuendo/Studio One/DP/Reaper/Reason/Ideas (Some assembly required).
rolandk1

Postby JoopJoop » Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:50 pm

Thanks, I'm clearly not a Mac guy and thought that it would be more difficult to get this type of info on the Mac. You can open an exe as it were a text file, but normally that gives no info at all.
JoopJoop

Postby rolandk1 » Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:43 pm

I've also noticed that what gets installed seems to be identical, code-wise. I have installed ST3/ST4 stuff on my Mac Pro (High Sierra) then moved it to my Mac Pro (Monterey) machine, then also to my Windows 10 PC and the same instrument files work on all machines.

However, I imagine that T-RackS differs code wise. The instruments just seem to be a common container format for IK.

This is a first impression. I could be proven wrong later if some preset doesn't work as it should.
www.Rolandk.ca
Writer/Musician/Whistleblower.
Nuendo/Studio One/DP/Reaper/Reason/Ideas (Some assembly required).
rolandk1

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More